Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Ziebart Protective Film & Diamond Gloss, PIC.

I have a thread on Protective films already but I figure I start A new one.
This morning I woke up and it was actually dry, in the forties and the sun was shinning. So immediately I thought what a good day it would be to take advantage of using my 1000 gift certificate at Ziebart. I immediately called them and asked them if that could happen and by my surprise they said sure ( figuring you needed to make an app.), so I washed up quick and headed up. Upon arrival I spoke to the manger Amber who was excellent, we started to discuss what parts would be covered in my protective film(Front fascia,fenders,rockers,pillars, roof,splash guards and mirriors)... and then she exlplained other services to me, One being the diamond gloss paint protection and how it's a paint protectant that will allow me to never have to wax my car again and it lasts 10 years WITHOUT reapplying, it protects against Bugs, Sap, Acid Rain, and other harmful Airbornes that may land on your car and best part is it's guaranteed as well, WOW I was immediately interested and then once she told me how much it cost and what she would give it to me for, since I was already buying the film I immediately wanted it. Next she began to tell me about a interior service/coating that they apply it's an adhesive that binds to the whole interior to protect it against pre mature wear in the leather, stains, fading,etc..again for the price that she gave me I was sold. Now I promised I wouldn't disclose the amounts that I paid because of the great deals that I got but lets just say my package retailed for over 3K and I didn't even come NEAR that!!
Now what happen next.... my wife shortly arrived to pick me up and me skeptical of leaving my baby behind but didn't want to wait there for 7 hours decided to leave and accompany my wife and kids to the mall (one of the biggest malls in the U.S.)...well to make a long story short we had a great day there...fast forward to about 4:30 and I get the call that I was awaiting all day, They called and said it was done and it came beautiful, I was pumped and we left the mall immediately and headed over. When I got there I sent the wife and kids on there way and told them I would meet up with them shortly at home, gave them a kiss and headed inside, upon going inside I see my car backing out of one of the bays. It was the shop foreman pulling it out, I went outside quickly to inspect, when I was walking up to it, it looked gorgeous, vivrant and super shinny I was very pleased. Once I got closer I started to inspect every inch of it and noticed the film was perfect, almost every where but the front fascia, There was air bubbles in some of it and a couple little areas where dirt got trapped. I was immediately starting to get mad and then the foreman replied no worries will take care of it. Hear it s 5 o'clock and Ziebart is closed and I am not coming back up here, it's an hour away...long story short the manager Amber and Foreman stayed and finished the job. He got every section perfect and believe me it was perfect and I was treated very very good. They were very apologetic and said that they couldn't believe it was let go that way. I was understanding but it was a little ridiculous that I didn't end up leaving till 7:30, 2 and half hours sucked but it was perfect and I was happy. Reason being I know this is very tedious stuff and fustrating so unfortunately those two ingredients equal human error. But no biggy it was fixed and it was to my liking and They were great and fun to hang out with. Also before I left the manager gave me 100 dollar gas card for my inconvience on top of my excellent deal I got already..So that was Awesome obviously
End result is a grade of an A for ziebart and an A+++ for the product, Ziebart would of got an A+ but hey they screwed up still and there is no perfect grades for screw ups...

Anyways overall I'm very very satisfied and glad I got this protection done. The feeling I had was just awesome on the way home on the Thru- way near other cars/trucks/semis, just knowing it was protected, alls I can say is TOTAL PIECE OF MIND.... I would honestly say It's gotta be one of the most benifical cost worthy mods you can do and should do if you love your baby like I do, and also have the cash of course to shell out..
Sorry for the long ass write up but I know some of you will really enjoy this write up (SPIKE!!!)

P.s. The film is very uniform and all in whole large pieces and not choppy at all. It's hard to see but if you know it's there you can obviously see it faintly.
This doesn't bother me at all and because I had professionals do it , it all lines up beautifully with the seams of the car and what ever you do see looks like it came from the factory that way!

Couple pics of her beautifull shine, Enjoy!!
Attached Images

CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
rsflyer

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT/RS A6
Arrow Very...

...nice sir . It looks amazing.

But, I disagree with your assessment of an "A" for the shop.

They bent over backwards to correct an issue, gave you a rocking price, and a gift card to boot...

In these times of mediocrity passed off as excellence I'd say you got the latter to the 10th power.

That's A+ material in my book. Kudos to an honest shop that ostensibly has pride in their work.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsflyer View Post
...nice sir . It looks amazing.

But, I disagree with your assessment of an "A" for the shop.

They bent over backwards to correct an issue, gave you a rocking price, and a gift card to boot...

In these times of mediocrity passed off as excellence I'd say you got the latter to the 10th power.

That's A+ material in my book. Kudos to an honest shop that ostensibly has pride in their work.
Fair enough
I'll consider a grade Curve!!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
That shine is spectacular bro! I'm glad that they did right by you and took care of those issues. I know you were sweating bullets all day. Can't wait to see this beast. You driving it to work this week?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I've been considering this as well. Just trying to find a dealer (of this or a similar product) in my area is proving to be a chore.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
JimE

After doing some research, this product doesn't seem to be such a good idea. Unless it's different from what I'm seeing, you have to have it reapplied yearly. And the quality of the work (ie: cleaning and application) seem to vary greatly from dealer to dealer.

With that said, there are newer products on the market that are a single application with 5+ year guarantees (ie: single application).

Just my .02
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
After doing some research, this product doesn't seem to be such a good idea. Unless it's different from what I'm seeing, you have to have it reapplied yearly. And the quality of the work (ie: cleaning and application) seem to vary greatly from dealer to dealer.

With that said, there are newer products on the market that are a single application with 5+ year guarantees (ie: single application).

Just my .02
Your looking in the wrong places!
My Diamond Gloss & Interior Protectant are 10 year applications that are guaranteed to never be reapplied in that time!!
And the actual Protective film is Hands down the best thing that ever happened on any car I ever owned...Never worry about road rash,chips,debris,scratches again.....Really hard to sum it up in words but actually breath taken not to have to worry about this ever again, as gay as it may sound!!...

To sum it up, Don't give up , BEST MOD , HANDS DOWN!!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
JimE

Cool. I was planning to use them for the Protection Film. The reviews I was reading for the Diamond Gloss must have been old or something, as they were very mixed and mostly not very good.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Cool. I was planning to use them for the Protection Film. The reviews I was reading for the Diamond Gloss must have been old or something, as they were very mixed and mostly not very good.
yeah I read those as well but technology is always proggressing and i'm telling you this diamond gloss is sick!!
For example a couple of days ago my car had the dust film/tire wet junk splattered up on the car, I grabbed 2 microfiber towels and sprayed detailing/cleaning spray, wiped it off with one rag and re wipe with the clean rag..the hole car took me 15 minutes to do and it looked like I just left the Ziebart store when it was done, couldn't get these results without actually hand washing that tire junk off in the past!!...Simply I was amazed that I can have a fresh ultra shining vehicle in 15 minutes...I love this stuff, sold for life and best part is you NEVER have to wax again. Actually applying normal waxes dull the diamond gloss finish...
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Nice!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
JimE

Had the protective film installed today. Took pretty much all day (6+ hours). I have to say I'm not impressed. There are bubbles under the film, which will supposedly disappear in the next 24-48 hours as the water evaporates. Which sounds logical enough, but I'm doubtful. I didn't have time to get a good look as I had to get to work. In any case, a coworker took a look at it, and he's doubtful it will clear up (and some other things he noticed while looking it over). So I may end up going back next week.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #12
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Had the protective film installed today. Took pretty much all day (6+ hours). I have to say I'm not impressed. There are bubbles under the film, which will supposedly disappear in the next 24-48 hours as the water evaporates. Which sounds logical enough, but I'm doubtful. I didn't have time to get a good look as I had to get to work. In any case, a coworker took a look at it, and he's doubtful it will clear up (and some other things he noticed while looking it over). So I may end up going back next week.
Sounds like you had a shit installer!
When mine was completed I had zero bubbles. I would bring it back and tell them to do it right..