Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
NAS

Drives: '10 SS
Unhappy w/SLP Loudmouth 2 exhaust

Need some help here. I finally have done my first non-exterior mod by installing slp Louthmouth 2 axle back. I'm happy it sounds a lot better then the stock exhuast which felt so restricted an I like that deeper throatier sound it has. But unfortunately I was disappointed to realize it wasn't as loud as I hoped especially when the car is in idle. Is there anyway I can make the exhaust loud while still in idle like let's say while im at a red light. The local shop that installed the exhaust said I should get a x pipe. Any advice?
Thanks in advance

ps I'm kinda new to modding exhaust systems

Didn't mean to double post this thread
NAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Headers + high flow cats or a cat delete.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
NAS

Like I said I'm new to this so are any of those illegal?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Running catless would technically be illegal, but you would possibly be able to pass inspection with a tune.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
Threlkeld's SS

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I have a muffler delete and I recently got a x pipe installed and it actually toned my exhaust done a little especially at idle.
Threlkeld's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
xpipe, imo
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #7
NAS

Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #8
jonathanmoguel
MM.CC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
installing high flow cats will definately make it louder. i have the slp lm2 also and it sounded good when it was at wot. at idle yah its low.. but it dosent matter it supposed to be that way. the setup i have now is really loud at wot and slighty more rasp at idle. i have shorty headers and offroad midpipes(cat delete) 2.5 xpipes and the slps lm2.. sounds like a beast!
jonathanmoguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
vandervortadam

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss black 21's
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmoguel
installing high flow cats will definately make it louder. i have the slp lm2 also and it sounded good when it was at wot. at idle yah its low.. but it dosent matter it supposed to be that way. the setup i have now is really loud at wot and slighty more rasp at idle. i have shorty headers and offroad midpipes(cat delete) 2.5 xpipes and the slps lm2.. sounds like a beast!
Why shorty headers if you do a cat delete? Shorty's dont make as good of power as long tubes.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
vandervortadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
NAS

I wanted to make it loud at idle because my brothers SRT8 Charger has it and I was trying to beat him lol
Old 04-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS View Post
Need some help here. I finally have done my first non-exterior mod by installing slp Louthmouth 2 axle back. I'm happy it sounds a lot better then the stock exhuast which felt so restricted an I like that deeper throatier sound it has. But unfortunately I was disappointed to realize it wasn't as loud as I hoped especially when the car is in idle. Is there anyway I can make the exhaust loud while still in idle like let's say while im at a red light. The local shop that installed the exhaust said I should get a x pipe. Any advice?
Thanks in advance

Axle back is a fancy term for mufflers and tips. They don't really do much. Get yourself a pair of long tubes and you will get better sound and better performance. Yes it will void your warranty. You have a camaro that needs to be liberated from the shackles that bind it.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #12
woolf

Drives: 2011 SLP SS
I'll trade you a loudmouth I which has no mufflers. It'll definitely be louder.
woolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #13
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS View Post
Thanks in advance

if you have an l99 definitely go with an x-pipe.
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #14
NAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Axle back is a fancy term for mufflers and tips. They don't really do much. Get yourself a pair of long tubes and you will get better sound and better performance. Yes it will void your warranty. You have a camaro that needs to be liberated from the shackles that bind it.
Thank you and amen to that brother!