Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Alaskan Woes (for getting Pedderized!)

Man, generally I love living up here. However, I am currently envious of all you cats in the "lower 48". You guys have lots of killer shops to choose from! I got a Pedders Pace car package and called the "performance" shop in town, several times. They never call me back. They talked a good talk on the phone so I emailed them the instructions I got from Justice-Pete. When I called them back they told me they were "thinking about it?", What the heck, seriously?! Spoke with another reputable shop who said they would look at the instructions and they never called or emailed me back either.

Maybe these guys have more work than they can handle. Maybe they just don't want to work, I dunno . I do know it's frustrating as heck. I am at the point I am ready to start calling some of the off road shops as surely they install suspensions. This can't be that complicated of a job (2012 SS), is it? Last option of course would be the dealer. Not sure they would even do it, but I am sure they would rape me if they would.

I'm leaving for vacation next week and hoped to have this all setup before I left . I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but apparently it is. Well, just needed to vent and air this out here. If anyone has thoughts or suggestions I am all ears. I know there are a few good shops in town for general stuff but would they be right for this job? Last thing I need is a shoddy install and issues with an essentially brand new car.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Greetings IPT,

I'm sorry to hear about that situation with the performance shop. I know it's frustrating to wait on a service that you really want done. I understand the dealership is your last resort, but if you decide to take it to one, I can locate your nearest GM Performance Parts authorized dealer. I wish you best on your vacation. Have some fun for me!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
as the gm customer care guy said their is good dealerships that install performance parts all the time. you can get lucky and they have a dedicated corvette/camaro guy or two
Old 05-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey William - thanks. If there are any dealers doing thperformance installs in the 99508 area I would be interested in know about them. Could you PM any information you have about that? Thanks!
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote