Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Look through your wheels at the rear shocks...leaking??

I just changed to eibach springs this weekend. When I took out the rear shocks, I noted that both rear shocks had a layer of oil on them that was collecting dirt. It looked to be originating from the shaft seal area. Is this considered normal weepage or are both my rear shocks shot? mag ride is functioning fine and no warning lights have shown up. I took some pics to show the dealer the next time I go in.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
Just drive and enjoy, thats what some dealers tell me
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Oh BTW, I give two thumbs up to the Eibach kit. Doesn't look very different but the ride is soooo much more compliant on harsh roads. It's not as chasis jarring on hard bumps. I have yet to try testing it's handling yet.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
Old 05-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11fastss View Post
Just drive and enjoy, thats what some dealers tell me
haha, they better not tell me that! they better have a good explanation of why a leaking shock is okay.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #5
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
i have the issue as well and they dont want to fix it until the oil is actually dripping. mine also make rattling noise over bumps but havent been able to get the rattle to happen when im at dealer.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to hear about these concerns,

Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to explore these matters or schedule a diagnosis for you. Here to help as much as I can.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Sorry to hear about these concerns,

Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to explore these matters or schedule a diagnosis for you. Here to help as much as I can.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you for the support. I will have to bring car to dealer for the interior light pulsing at idle and the rear diff groaning every time I turn at low speeds (groans and feels notchy). Hopefully they will address the rear shocks as well.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
Thank you for the support. I will have to bring car to dealer for the interior light pulsing at idle and the rear diff groaning every time I turn at low speeds (groans and feels notchy). Hopefully they will address the rear shocks as well.
No problem,

Feel free to contact me anytime with your concerns NightmareZL1. Please keep me updated on the process.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #9
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
...the rear diff groaning every time I turn at low speeds (groans and feels notchy)

I had the same issue. I found a few threads in the Forum that pointed to a TSB: PI0137C

The dealership fixed my ZL1 under this TSB and the groaning noise is gone.