Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Question Do you find this weird?

My car has a leather steering wheel and its pretty nice and I want it to remain that way for a long time so I decided to buy some driving gloves so I don't get my sweat and dirt on the steering wheel so it will look clean and last longer and not wear out as fast I hope. And it helps when its hot so my hands don't get burnt when its out in the sun. Do any of yall find it weird or have seen people use driving gloves?
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Gloves can cause their own wear and tear on your steering wheel, they're more designed to protect your hands from extreme driving. If you want to preserve your interior as best you can keeping it clean is really the best thing to do.

From my experience wiping down your interior multiple times a week will go a long way and wash your hands before you drive.

My 2011 gets run pretty hard and has held up well despite the abuse with simple cleaning.

Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Well honestly it will more than likely get destroyed from the sun. The tops of steering wheels are what seem to go....
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
It seems a little pretentious...and I think some people that see you getting out of your car will be amused.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I actually prefer to drive with gloves but don't always do it. I worry about the stitching on the leather getting dirty. There is really no fix for that. Yeah, you can color the stitching as some have done, but if you want it to stay as is well...........................it is eventually going to look dirty. Even if you clean your hands multiple times a day as I do at my job, your hands sweat as you drive & it turns white on the black leather. That stuff is hard to get off and even the stuff you use to clean it off makes the threads look darker & dirty. There was a thread some time ago started by a guy basicly saying the same thing. He got ragged on by a lot of guys. I say, it is your car, do what you want. Don't worry about what others think.