Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Question Tell me if i'm wrong...

Ok! I did an expensive purchase 2 weeks ago from a sponsor here, during the deal he told me i was going to have my item deliver in 1 week, i understand things happen so he got a delay, no biggie... so finally got my tracking i was BUTTTTT!!! Today CS call me to inform me that Fed Ex call them to tell them that my item is been slip! so 1/2 of it is coming on Tuesday and the other 1/2 they don't know when is going to be deliver!!! They blame Fed Ex! but i was looking my tracking and give me the total of pieces that is going to be deliver but only showing 1/2 that is on the way... To me is not Fed Ex fault! I don't see why if Fed Ex pick (this amount) to deliver, leave 1/2 and deliver only 1/2??? Of curse i ask other member that purchase similar items and have the same problem!!!

It's not that i don't trust the sponsor, but base on what he told me i did some changes and now i'm stuck!!!

So this is where i ask if i'm wrong? If you been on business for so long why you are going to give a specific delivery day when you know it might not happen!

Sorry but i have to vent this out...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Nothing wrong with venting your frustrations. It could be Fed ex's fault if it happened to another forum member but if the Vendor knows this happens with a big purchase then maybe he should say that it might be shipped in parts and not in whole.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
If Fedex has the package they have an estimated delivery date, now if they only picked up half of the items, then that's on the vendor for not getting your item out. Either way if they can't stand by their delivery estimate that they personally give you, then they shouldn't be giving a delivery time frame.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Nothing wrong with venting your frustrations. It could be Fed ex's fault if it happened to another forum member but if the Vendor knows this happens with a big purchase then maybe he should say that it might be shipped in parts and not in whole.
That's what make me mad! If he knows this happen before then why give days when he's not sure! I purchase in other places that give me a window on possible delivery... That way if something happen they cover...
Old 05-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Some don't seem to get that it is better to under promise and over deliver rather than vice versa. For some reason they would rather just tell a customer what they want to hear and then have an angry customer a few days later. It seems to be a standard operational procedure for some companies.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Some don't seem to get that it is better to under promise and over deliver rather than vice versa. For some reason they would rather just tell a customer what they want to hear and then have an angry customer a few days later. It seems to be a standard operational procedure for some companies.
Well that's Personally I'm really easy as long you're straight! like i said before i know things happens, but if your going to promise something make sure you can back it up!

PS: Thanks Chase for reply you always step higher than the rest showing that you care for the customer! You're A+!!! on my book!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
The one thing I have learned is to never do any changes until the new product is in hand (I learned that the hard way after my Black Friday CAI / scoop / washer kit order). I happen to know what you are waiting on (from your posts). It sucks they are delayed but in the end they will look great and you'll be very happy. Hang in there!

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Last edited by nyrfan; 05-18-2013 at 05:39 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Last week I sat home all day waiting for Fed Ex to deliver because I had to sign for it. I watched the truck go right by my house entering and leaving my development. Later I went to track my package to see that "resident not home" was the status. The dip sh!t driver went to the wrong house.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
The one thing I have learned is to never do any changes until the new product is in hand (I learned that the hard way after my Black Friday CAI / scoop / washer kit order). I happen to know what you are waiting on. It sucks they are delayed but in the end they will look great and you'll be very happy. Hang in there!
Sent from my 2SS/RS
I know that you know... But common if i tell you is going to be there before this day, i'm sure you expecting get there... specially something so expensive! NEVER!!! did this before! and i know i'll forget after i get my items but i'm not the first one already happen before... Well now you know in case you pull the plug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Last week I sat home all day waiting for Fed Ex to deliver because I had to sign for it. I watched the truck go right by my house entering and leaving my development. Later I went to track my package to see that "resident not home" was the status. The dip sh!t driver went to the wrong house.
Thank God! i don't have houses to close to me! That will make me really !!! I chase the Fed Ex guy!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
I know that you know... But common if i tell you is going to be there before this day, i'm sure you expecting get there... specially something so expensive! NEVER!!! did this before! and i know i'll forget after i get my items but i'm not the first one already happen before... Well now you know in case you pull the plug!

Thank God! i don't have houses to close to me! That will make me really !!! I chase the Fed Ex guy!
Don't get me wrong, I am not defending the vendor. I would be every bit upset as you are, my comments were just to "try" to make you feel a bit better.

Oh and when I do pull the trigger (still debating the finish) it won't happen to me. I'm in driving distance of them, lol.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 05-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I am not defending the vendor. I would be every bit upset as you are, my comments were just to "try" to make you feel a bit better.

Oh and when I do pull the trigger (still debating the finish) it won't happen to me. I'm in driving distance of them, lol.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
That's right! i should tell you to pick them up and send them to me, I'm sure they would be here now!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #12
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
That's right! i should tell you to pick them up and send them to me, I'm sure they would be here now!
Yea, my shipping reputation is pretty damn good, lol!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 05-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #13
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Yea, my shipping reputation is pretty damn good, lol!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Business should run your way!