Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
Got my Trifecta tune!

I must say that there is a huge difference with the tune.

Before, if I turned off the traction control nannies (by holding down the TC button for 7 seconds), and floored it, it would spin the tires for about 10 feet and take off. Now, with the tune and everything turned off, I sit there spinning the tires for what seems like forever and finally hook, fishtailing and everything. And the shift from 1-2 is much harder. It feels like a kick in the pants.

So far I am impressed, this feels like what I expected after my intake spacer and vararam mods. Using my iphone dynameter (pocket dyno, seems you can't get it on itunes in the US anymore for some reason), my first run showed 267 rwhp compared to 235 rwhp on my last run before the tune. Now, I don't believe it actually gave me a 32 hp gain, but I swear it could have by the way it feels now. It never spun the tires like this!

solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
slotwheels

Drives: like a bat out of hell
That is great to hear. It looks like all of your mods are working very well.
slotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I'm still not sold in trifecta tunes even though they are cheaper than most. I've heard mixed reviews but sounds like you're satisfied with yours.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
solteroblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb910 View Post
I'm still not sold in trifecta tunes even though they are cheaper than most. I've heard mixed reviews but sounds like you're satisfied with yours.
yeah, if you read some of my other posts, I was skeptical of it too, because of so many reviews that said it didn't add much. But I must say I am a believer now.

Granted, I've only spent about 10 minutes with it so far, but it is a very noticeable difference. I did several runs yesterday before the tune, so I'd have something to compare to, so it would be as close to apples to apples as possible. When I first pulled out of my drive, I couldn't really feel anything different. But as soon as I got a desserted spot and hit the pedal from a stand still, WOW! what a difference. I have a feeling I'll be buying new tires very soon.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
ryanb910

Good to hear! And you're driving in sports mode correct?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
solteroblues

Yes, in "S" I haven't really tried tap shift yet
Old 05-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
I'm also satisfied with Trifecta Tune. Data log response back was quick as well.

- They call it the black panther.

2010 Camaro LLT (sold)
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2011 Nissan Armada 4WD Platinum
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
ryanb910

Was there much difference in the first tune sent compared to the data log tune? Do you feel less of the "black hole"? What range in RPMs did this help the most?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
solteroblues

I only have the original so far. I haven't data logged yet because I did it wrong the first time.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
I feel the throttle response is better on all rpm ranges. There is less lag when I sink the pedal. And I can feel the extra horsepower as well. I had CAI and headers which added power and without the tune that power came with a lag and now its more instant.

- They call it the black panther.

2010 Camaro LLT (sold)
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2011 Nissan Armada 4WD Platinum
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
solteroblues

Yeah I can't wait to get my ported throttle body. I'm hoping the power will come on immediately.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
ryanb910

So lets say you didn't have the headers or tune, which would you get first? I'm stuck on getting my tune, nitrous kit, or BBK headers next.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
solteroblues

Knowing only from my experience, I think you'd feel the tune a little better, and then when you get your headers, it should really come alive.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #14
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by solteroblues View Post
yeah, if you read some of my other posts, I was skeptical of it too, because of so many reviews that said it didn't add much. But I must say I am a believer now.

Granted, I've only spent about 10 minutes with it so far, but it is a very noticeable difference. I did several runs yesterday before the tune, so I'd have something to compare to, so it would be as close to apples to apples as possible. When I first pulled out of my drive, I couldn't really feel anything different. But as soon as I got a desserted spot and hit the pedal from a stand still, WOW! what a difference. I have a feeling I'll be buying new tires very soon.
Power and torque gains aren't huge but there's some all through the rpm range from dyno charts I've seen in the past. The transmission tune for the automatics shows the most dramatic difference from stock. Shifts are way firmer. Under the right conditions, my car will chirp 2nd and 3rd gears in Sport Mode and it feels like it pulls hard each time. Again, likely not bettering 1/4mi times by much, but the fun-factor is definitely improved.