Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Leaf blower and POOLING?

I have heard of this method called "pooling" where you take a very light stream out of a hose, spray from top to bottom to rid of any beading.

Then afterwords taking a leaf blower and getting the rest of the water off and MAYBE having to use a soft microfiber towel to rid of the rest.

So I bought a leafblower for about 70 bucks, not the strongest but its cordless (I live in an apartment so It has to be cordless) and can get to i believe 120 mph.

Now, here is my problem, I go to a local gas station which has pressure wash wands.... I CAN'T use the pooling method with these....

Is there any other way I can do a pooling method or something?
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Tecca

Drives: ...
There was a guy over in the uk that used Flower water cans. Never tried it though, I suppose you can always fill up some gallon jugs and poor over it, cut a hole in the handle to let the air escape so you get a smooth flow. Something I suppose we need to experiment with???

Last edited by Tecca; 06-12-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post
There was a guy over in the uk that used Flower water cans. Never tried it though, I suppose you can always fill up some gallong jugs and poor over it, cut a hole in the handle to let the air escape so you get a smooth flow. Something I suppose we need to experiment with???
I just might have to be the guinea pig here. Maybe someone has tried it otherwise... I might have to take the dive :P
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote