Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
K&N 69-4523TP CAI Installed + Video

I am a longtime fan of K&N and love the way their products look under the hood and like the sound and performance. While this specific setup was 3rd party tested and ended up not being the best performing CAI system out of the 5 tested. It did perform and at a much lower cost.

Before Shot:

First off I went into this purchase after watching the K&N videos and a few others on YouTube. While those videos show a nice filter install, they do not provide insight just how much louder the front end of the car will be sucking in nice cool air.

I am working on a video (Now Live) that I will upload later, but it has always seemed the V6 sounded hungry for air... Now that she has it... oh man she runs 100% differently and in a great way.

I am not going to make this post as me being a 100% know it all about cars. I use to be really into cars about 12 years ago with my 68 Camaro Z28. It was a beater and I kill myself for not keeping it. But what I do know is sound and how a car feels when you’re driving it.

I have had my 2013 1LT RS for just over 3 weeks now, I have gotten to know her very well with the stock 1,500 miles I have already racked up on her. But one thing I have noticed is this LFX V6 sounds hungry for air. It also shifts in Sports mode fairly wonky and you can hear the RPM’s rev like crazy when really getting on it.

Installed Shots:

Now that the K&N filter is installed, the car at high RPM’s shifts smoothly… I mean super smooth and the sound is great. When you gun it, you can literally hear it sucking in the air. ( I look forward to installing a scoop on it now as I can’t really see where it is getting adequate air from currently) But the performance is there. It is felt, heard and welcome.

Final Shot:

Last edited by Sledgehammer70; 06-23-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Now the video: http://youtu.be/8jRj4bfsGzs
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote