Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
GhostSS10

Drives: 2011 2ss cyber grey
Finally Ordered Headers

So i finally came home today and thought i might as well give it a try. so i went ahead and ordered tsp 1 7/8 headers from tsp!!! so all that is left is the waiting game!!! Anybody think this will make me feel the diffrence? The only thing that is done to the car is intake, straight pipes and ported tb. please feel free to chime in thanks.
GhostSS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
to feel a difference other than auditory. need dyno tune. vroom vroom.

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
GhostSS10

yea, i know thats the next step. there is a shop right down the road from me called g force any input on them?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
depends on how much you spent as to how much power you will feel..

the zl1 has 130 more horsepower than a 2ss and its what, a second quicker in the 1/4 mile??

ill probably get a set for my car too, but not for the advertised claims, i want the sound and the look when i pop the hood..
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
All the "good" LTs, with a tune, will produce about the same HP results; give or take a few HP.

You REALLY want to check your tuner before turning your car over to them. Tuning is like brain surgery for a car. If it's done right, it's a new car. If it's done wrong, the patient might die. Seriously.

There is all kind of debate around dyno vs remote tuning. A good dyno tune is the best route but, if you don't have a reputable dyno tuner in your area, there are a couple of vendors on this site that can give you a very good remote tune.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
All the "good" LTs, with a tune, will produce about the same HP results; give or take a few HP.

You REALLY want to check your tuner before turning your car over to them. Tuning is like brain surgery for a car. If it's done right, it's a new car. If it's done wrong, the patient might die. Seriously.

There is all kind of debate around dyno vs remote tuning. A good dyno tune is the best route but, if you don't have a reputable dyno tuner in your area, there are a couple of vendors on this site that can give you a very good remote tune.
I always thought the same thing then I bought an HP tuners suite and Matt from FSP sent me a tune for my L99 his Trans tune is BADAZZ! not many know how to tune them.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
I have a remote tune too and I generally agree. I guess it really just comes down to the tuner. I do wish I was closer to Matt or Ted though as I would love to put my car in their hands on their dyno.

A tuned L99 tranny is insane as compared to stock.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSS10 View Post
So i finally came home today and thought i might as well give it a try. so i went ahead and ordered tsp 1 7/8 headers from tsp!!! so all that is left is the waiting game!!! Anybody think this will make me feel the diffrence? The only thing that is done to the car is intake, straight pipes and ported tb. please feel free to chime in thanks.
I just bought mine today too! They shipped them today too! Although I got the TSP 2" headers as I plan on going FI.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Thanks guys for the orders! Glad we have them back in stock for ya! I know you'll have a blast with them.
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
GhostSS10

any info on my order as of yet? what's the usual wait time on shipping? thanks

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android