Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #15
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
For the record, tires are covered under the 3 year / 36K miles Bumper to Bumper warranty. True it does not cover wear and tear, rather workmanship and defects.

Having said that, your initial post is problematic as you mentioned that you had the tires rotated in February, noticed a vibration after the service, but chose to do nothing about it.

If you noticed a vibration then you had a duty to mitigate your damages. You can't get let a problem fester and expect the dealer to pay when the problem comes to a head. You have an obligation to maintain the vehicle, which means bringing it back and resolving whatever issue caused the vibration. What you can not do is drive the car for 5 months, then ask for new tires as a result of something you noticed but took no action to correct.

Based upon the way you described this, you're out of gas, sorry. Chalk it up to a leson learned, buy new tires and move on.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured

Last edited by Frank in MD; 07-30-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I'm confused too!

You noticed an issue five months ago and now after getting a flat tire you're going let the dealership know about it?

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Judging by the photos... looks like OP doesn't pay much attention to detail regarding his vehicle in general. I regularly look at my tires for signs of irregular wear and, if I see/feel a problem I address the issue right away. It's my responsibility as a driver and vehicle owner.

Suck it up. Get some new tires. Get your alignment, camber, toe-in, etc. checked by a good tire shop, and pay attention to your vehicle's condition. Tire, especially, can cause serious safety issues.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #18
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Who installed the lowering springs?

If they didn't realign the wheels then the camber will be wrong and wear the inside.

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis
IMHO Comrando gets the A+! Lowering typically results in a positive camber that must be corrected with an alignment. Left uncorrected, the inside edge will wear excessively.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
If it was both sides, then it would be caused by underinflation. But it looks like it's only one side, which means that it is caused by poor alignment.

OP, since you after overdue, and did not alert your dealership at the start of the vibrations, then I believe the ball's in your court.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #20
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
My question to you is how many miles did you have on the tires before the rotation?.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #21
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
You had your car lowered? It sounds like TC doesn't know what he is doing and is blaming the dealer unfairly.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #22
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Damn lucky a flat tire caused this to be discovered before a highway blowout happened. That tire looks like it's about 25 more feet of travel before BLAMMO! Chalk it up to good luck, get new tires, have the alignment work done, and from now on, at least glance at the tires every few weeks or so.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #23
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
That tire looks older than hell.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
That tire looks older than hell.
Agreed!
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #25
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Had the same type of thing happen on a Taurus once. It was the alignment, nothing to do with tire rotation. Bought new tires and an alignment.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #26
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Judging by the photos... looks like OP doesn't pay much attention to detail regarding his vehicle in general. I regularly look at my tires for signs of irregular wear and, if I see/feel a problem I address the issue right away. It's my responsibility as a driver and vehicle owner.

Suck it up. Get some new tires. Get your alignment, camber, toe-in, etc. checked by a good tire shop, and pay attention to your vehicle's condition. Tire, especially, can cause serious safety issues.

Agree totally...with tire wear that bad it would be easy to spot 10 feet away long before tires were rotated,unless one is totally oblivious.

That kind of wear took many thousands of miles to occur and if not the car probably wouldn't have steered straight at all.
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Hard to believe it was only a little vibration and no pull.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #28
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Not a tire rotation or balancing issue what so ever.

That being said, that tire was pooched the day they did your rotation. I would start by putting some fresh rubber on the car, all around, then I would get a full 4 wheel alignment and go from there.

Now if you think I'm full of shit and just taking the dealers side, I'm not, they should have told you your tire/tires were finished, and if u post up your pre alignment specs, ill tell you exactly what's wrong, why this happen and what needs to be adjusted to achieve a good alignment. And if this happen to one tire, maybe the one tire was faulty but I highly doubt it by the picture that was displayed in your post.

And to everyone who thinks tires are covered under bumper to bumper, they are not.... they are only covered if u purchase the tire road hazard extended warranty (might not be exactly what it's called) when you purchase the vehicle new I believe (In Canada, not sure about US). Other then that sorry your out of luck. If u get tires covered at your dealer without tire protection warranty, keep going there they have a great service manager lol.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote