Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Goodyears from Discount Tire

Discount Tire had these tires for $2 less than Tirerack.com and the installation was about a third of the standard Tirerack fee. What's more is the crew at Discount will even autograph your wheels! Job well done, I say.
Attached Images

Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post
Discount Tire had these tires for $2 less than Tirerack.com and the installation was about a third of the standard Tirerack fee. What's more is the crew at Discount will even autograph your wheels! Job well done, I say.
Crand,

What the heck did they do to your wheel(s)??? I bought two Goodyear F1's last year just in case of catastrophic failure from Discount Tire. They're still in my garage. They'll be the first two on when I have my currents worn out. Learning from your experience, I probably won't get them installed at Discount. Is your Discount Tire store going to make good on repairing your wheel(s?)

Thanks,

Tara

Tara Martin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Crand,

What the heck did they do to your wheel(s)???
Looks like they pried off the old weights with a screwdriver rather than something made out of plastic.

Quote:
Is your Discount Tire store going to make good on repairing your wheel(s?)
I'm going to go in tomorrow and suggest a few ideas I had to make it right. Hopefully we can find an amicable solution and I won't have to go to small claims court.
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post
Looks like they pried off the old weights with a screwdriver rather than something made out of plastic.

I'm going to go in tomorrow and suggest a few ideas I had to make it right. Hopefully we can find an amicable solution and I won't have to go to small claims court.
O.M.G... If they had a brain, they'd take it out and play with it!

I hope it works out well for you. These wheels are darned expensive, and I would really be upset if this happened to me. I had a flat repaired and patched by a close friend's shop where he works on a lot of exotics. The guys took a lot of care while de-mounting and mounting the tire on the rim. Then I caught them trying to use an air tool to tighten the lugnuts! I jumped out there and made them use a torque wrench and tighten by hand. Goes to show that you can hardly trust anyone with your ride...

Good luck with yours!

Tara

Tara Martin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
From the look of the second pic, they didn't even remove all of the old adhesive when they removed the original weights.

Piss poor workmanship.

Good luck on your talk with the manager....
Old 10-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #6
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
The exact same thing happened to me. I havent had a chance to make it over there yet, but will likely make it this afternoon.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
The exact same thing happened to me. I havent had a chance to make it over there yet, but will likely make it this afternoon.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Wow. I have used discount tire locally several times without an issue.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
People would get hurt...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I guess wherever we go we have to keep a close eye on everything they do or what?
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
This is not a Discount Tire thing as it could happen anywhere...This is an employee that was not trained or didn't care. It doesn't matter who did it the shop is still responsible for the damage.

Call it anal, OCD or just experience, but I always walk around any car I own before it leaves the dealer lot/tire lot. ..It is much easier to point out an issue at the time you pick it up vs after you leave. I even to a quick scan for door dings every time I leave a car in a parking because if the person (car) is still there you can get their info and their insurance will pay for the damage (at least in Michigan, a no-fault state)

Matt
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
O.M.G... If they had a brain, they'd take it out and play with it!

I hope it works out well for you. These wheels are darned expensive, and I would really be upset if this happened to me. I had a flat repaired and patched by a close friend's shop where he works on a lot of exotics. The guys took a lot of care while de-mounting and mounting the tire on the rim. Then I caught them trying to use an air tool to tighten the lugnuts! I jumped out there and made them use a torque wrench and tighten by hand. Goes to show that you can hardly trust anyone with your ride...

Good luck with yours!

Tara
Holy crap. A impact gun to tighten lug nuts!!! What is this world coming to??? How dare they make money and make sure your lugs are tight. Lol. What's wrong with using an impact on your camaro?? It's a Chevy not a Ferrari. It's nothing special. Lol. What's the big deal?
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
chipset35

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
The american education system at its best....as well as hiring to meet quotas instead of skill.
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
willc1980

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
Holy crap. A impact gun to tighten lug nuts!!! What is this world coming to??? How dare they make money and make sure your lugs are tight. Lol. What's wrong with using an impact on your camaro?? It's a Chevy not a Ferrari. It's nothing special. Lol. What's the big deal?
well first you have no idea what torque spec you are putting on each lug, lets see did i hold the trigger for 5 pulses or 7...second they tend to damage the lugs and round them out a bit or make the socket stick on the lug nut
willc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote