Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
Help with 1LE trade

Okay I know this is going to be a another redundant post about v6 remorse anda trade in but....

I bought a 2013 2lt in February. Even though I wanted a 1LE, I didn't want to be patient and save for a few more months and talked myself down to a V6 because I am also saving for a house. Now I want the 1LE but the dealer only has 2014 for $47,000 and they quoted me at $1000 a month. Kinda out my range. Is their any way I could find a used one closer to $39,000 with a lower payment? Also, is it worth trade in, or should I just wait for gen 6? I know you only live once, but I don't want screwed into financial ruins on this trade either.

Any advice/opinions help.
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
A 2013 1SS with the 1LE option were about 37K so used should be a bit lower hopefully. No way in hell would i ever pay $1000/month for a car payment. That's crazy. When i bought my 12' 1SS they didn't have a 1LE option at the time. That's the only option i wish i had. Oh well.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
It's certainly possible. Get on cars.com and see if there are any used 1LE's nearby. If not, expand your search circle. I guarantee there are some used 1LE's out there SOMEWHERE. It all boils down to, how bad do you want a 1LE? And what are you willing to do to get a 1LE?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Keep your 2LT and wait until a newer year model comes out. The v6 has plenty of power, and if you aren't planning on racing it or doing runs at the track, the 1LE is only good for looks. Your 2LT has all the creature comforts possible in a camaro, and you get good gas mileage! Heck, if you like the looks that much, fool yourself. Throw on an SS bumper and plastidip your hood and spoiler black. Then getchoo a nice set of replica ZL1 wheels and you're almost there! You won't have the performance of a 1LE, but a fool off the streets can't tell the difference. Just my $.02
Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Why not just get a 1SS or 2SS? You planning on taking it to the track a lot?
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
J-Short

Naw not a track dude at all but I love the other features:zl1 wheels, bucket seats, exhaust, etc
Old 11-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #7
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Keep your 2LT and wait until a newer year model comes out. The v6 has plenty of power, and if you aren't planning on racing it or doing runs at the track, the 1LE is only good for looks. Your 2LT has all the creature comforts possible in a camaro, and you get good gas mileage! Heck, if you like the looks that much, fool yourself. Throw on an SS bumper and plastidip your hood and spoiler black. Then getchoo a nice set of replica ZL1 wheels and you're almost there! You won't have the performance of a 1LE, but a fool off the streets can't tell the difference. Just my $.02
V6 doesn't have "plenty of power" for anyone that wants v8 power. The "it's only good for track/drag" must not be from personal experience. These cars are exceptional daily drivers and are tame stock. I enjoy every minute I drive it and it will probably never see a track.

And stop telling people to put fake shit on there cars. Ss symbols on a 2lt is retarded. I would never put zl1 badges on my car. It would just be a lie.

People that always ask "you going to the track alot" just don't get it. It's a performance package. It's not like they gutted amenities or drastically changed the demeanor of the car.

1le package is 3500, you could get that for the wheels and tires alone! It's worth it.

Try and find a 1le owner that would advise you against getting one.

Last edited by Msmall143; 11-05-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #8
Msmall143

To the OP....they are out there and you would never regret the jump for a v6 to the 1LE.

I bought mine 2 months ago. It's a 2013 2ss 1le rs npp with nav. Basically fully loaded minus the sunroof. But I'm a tall guy and a sunroof reduces headspace.

I live in northern va and ended up buying and having a car shipped from Kansas City.

I bought the car described above with 6k miles on it for $33,900 and paid $650 to have it shipped.

The problem for you may not be the cost of the 1le, it may be that if you bought the 2lt new you're probably gonna loose your ass on it.

It will also be extremely tough to find a used 1le at a dealership. Not many we're made and so far the owners love them and are holding them.

You could offset this buy selling your current car on your own and buying the 1le from a private seller. This was you eliminate the hit you'll take on trade in and the premium price a dealer is gonna want for a used 1le
Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
Msmall143

And 47k is way to high. Guys are getting out the door for 40k depending on the set up. Find out what the invoice price is and pay 500-1000 less than that.

There are some good threads in the 1le section about price.

Last edited by Msmall143; 11-05-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #10
J-Short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
To the OP....they are out there and you would never regret the jump for a v6 to the 1LE.

I bought mine 2 months ago. It's a 2013 2ss 1le rs npp with nav. Basically fully loaded minus the sunroof. But I'm a tall guy and a sunroof reduces headspace.

I live in northern va and ended up buying and having a car shipped from Kansas City.

I bought the car described above with 6k miles on it for $33,900 and paid $650 to have it shipped.

The problem for you may not be the cost of the 1le, it may be that if you bought the 2lt new you're probably gonna loose your ass on it.

It will also be extremely tough to find a used 1le at a dealership. Not many we're made and so far the owners love them and are holding them.

You could offset this buy selling your current car on your own and buying the 1le from a private seller. This was you eliminate the hit you'll take on trade in and the premium price a dealer is gonna want for a used 1le
Man I thought I did my homework but I didn't. I didn't think there was any way I was going to be able to find an 1LE in my price range. Plus everyone was saying its a waste if not on the track. Now I feel like I got screwed. Lesson learned I guess, but I still kinda feel like a fool.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #11
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Or if the right deal comes. I got my used ZL1 with 8.5k Miles on it for 48000$
Old 11-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #12
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Short View Post
Man I thought I did my homework but I didn't. I didn't think there was any way I was going to be able to find an 1LE in my price range. Plus everyone was saying its a waste if not on the track. Now I feel like I got screwed. Lesson learned I guess, but I still kinda feel like a fool.
Ask those people how it a waste? Many people spend much more modding there car for the features. Also the wheels were not put on the car for looks. It was done for performance, wider wheels and better tires equals better traction. They just happen to look sick.

The 1le package may be the most bang for your buck for any car out right now.

It's 3500. I was planning on spending that much on buying wheels, powder coating brake pads and upgrading car back.

The 1le gave me way more.

Also the residual on the 1le is projected to be excellent. The last I saw was a 3 year old 1le with 36k miles had a projected auction value of $28.5

Not trying to sell you one, but the guys saying its not worth it either feel they missed out, or aren't knowledgeable about what it is.

Also in 2013 they only made 1800 or so 1le's. so you don't see many of them driving around. Mine is 1 of 451 black 2ss.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Or if the right deal comes. I got my used ZL1 with 8.5k Miles on it for 48000$
Ok, so what we're gonna do is this. I'll sell me 1le to OP for 34k. Then I need to get a large commission check and buy your zl1 for the 48k. If only I ad 14k sitting around!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #14
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP, now that you have your car be patient and save a little money. Then order a Camaro 1SS next spring with exactly what you want. You can get the NPP and the seats (Recaros are $2,000!). And you can add aftermarket wheels that look every bit as good as the 1LE wheels and save yourself $2,500. A Camaro like that would be mid $30s.

If a high performance suspension is not what you are after, the ride penalty (although the 1LE penalty is not much) is not a good trade off. But if you ever did track your car it would be a blast. It is easy to get hooked.

Of course you can add NPP and the wheels to your current car.

And also you could just wait around and buy a a used 1LE and sell your current car yourself and buy privately. This would be the most economical option. 1LEs, while somewhat rare, will only be worth a little more than a vanilla SS, but not much. They are not collector cars.

One other thing that might happen is Chevy might build a V6 HiPo version of the Camaro. They are showing one at SEMA. I am very surprised Chevy has not done this already. The parts are just on the shelf and there is demand.