Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
D94

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Road Grime

Any advice on what I can use to remove nasty road grime?

I live in the northeast and before any nasty weather they spray down some sort of salt brine stuff which is like glue, and regular road salt.

Unfortunately, I had to make a couple of trips up and down the turnpike in some rain storms after the snow, near some areas where they were doing road construction also, and now I have this junk all over the car.

We did get a break in the weather at times, and I tried washing the car as normal with the Meguiars Gold Class that I had, and nothing. The car looked horrible, didn't remove anything. I read about some guys using WD-40 but to me that sounds bad, and also goo gone. I tried a very small amount of goo gone, and it did seem to work, but I don't want to take off any wax. It's a Black 2014 1LS got the car in October should be good for a little while. I also tried some Adams waterless wash I have and nothing.

My next move would be a bug and tar remover I guess, but I wanted to see if anyone else had better remedy. It's all over the car so I would rather do a washing or something versus going around the car with bug and tar remover and a towel.

Any advice would be great, thx....
D94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Use dish soap it will strip your wax tho so need to re wax after. You can also try a pressure washer.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
No matter what you do you're going to strip your wax to get it off. Just do it, rewax and be done.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2