Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
So I just found out that this exists "R U Faster Than a Redneck?"

From Wikipedia:

R U Faster Than a Redneck? is an American TV program on the Speed channel. The concept of the show is simple: volunteers can bring their import cars to the Carolina Motorsports Park Kershaw in Kershaw County, South Carolina, to race them against a selection of American muscle cars. If an import beats the American car in the first two heats (the first one round, the second three rounds) and then another in the final (three rounds on the one-mile race course), he gets $10,000. The show's host is comedian Jon Reep, and the regular announcer is Ken Squier. The show's stable consists of "full-blown, flannel-wearing, mullet-sporting rednecks" driving an assortment of "classic American muscle cars".[1] Drivers can race stock and specialty cars, but they have to do so on street tires.[2]

Did anybody watch this?
Old 02-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
its entertaining i guess....sometimes they go a little overboard on the redneck thing. they have some guys on the "redneck" team that are pretty well known car guys too, for example ive seen Kevin King from Year One on there a few times.

like i said its entertaining. if its on i watch it.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
I agree with OP that it is a little overdone (as are most reality shows) but it is a pleasant form of mindless entertainment. The cars are all fun to watch.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
So I just found out that this exists "R U Faster Than a Redneck?"

Yep cool cars

I met Jon Reep at a comedy club a few yrs ago right before the racing show started. Hilarious guy, he also won last comic standing

Ryan

Last edited by Ryanbabz71; 02-02-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Ryanbabz71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Sounds like a fun show, too bad Speed is no longer in existence, thus I doubt the show is either.

1100 - 3/23/2023
2000 - 3/27/2023
3000 - 3/28/2023
3400 - 4/12/2023 — 4/24 TPW
3800 - 4/28/2023
5000 - 5/30/2023
6000 - 6/03/2023

2020 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L Black
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Sounds like a fun show, too bad Speed is no longer in existence, thus I doubt the show is either.
Really..why did I just watch the show a couple of days ago..I think they only made 8 or 10 episodes...and I just watched Barrett Jackson on speed..maybe the cancellation hasn't arrived here yet.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
dollar14

Drives: 2010 summit white 2SS/RS M6
Speed changed to "fox sports 1" on Verizon fios and most other cable providers in the us.I hope that show caries over
2010 2SS/RS M6,kooks 1-7/8 LT'S with hi flow cats,factory NPP cat back system,ADM performance street c.a.i.ADM built LSA with 750+ package,160 deg. thermostat,mti six shooter shifter,jac fab front license plate bracket and tunnel brace,eibach 1 inch pro kit,ADM exhaust controller,custom ADM performance tune,703 rwhp 704 rwtq

Last edited by dollar14; 02-02-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
dollar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollar14 View Post
Speed changed to "fox sports 1" on Verizon fios and most other cable providers in the us.I hope that show caries over
From wikipedia:

North America (outside the United States)

Speed became available in Canada shortly after its U.S. launch. As Speedvision, Speed was approved by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to be added to its list of non-Canadian network approved for carriage on Canadian cable and satellite providers in 1997.[19] As such, Speed is carried by most Canadian television service providers. Prior to August 2013, the schedule seen in Canada was largely identical to the U.S. schedule, except that some programming, particularly live Formula 1 events, were blacked out to protect TSN, the owner of F1 broadcast rights in Canada (as foreign services must own Canadian broadcast rights to the content they air).[20] However, this point became moot in the 2013 season, as NBC Sports Network is not carried in Canada.
For viewers in Canada, as well as the Caribbean and Puerto Rico, Speed was not converted to Fox Sports 1. The exact reasons for this have not been confirmed, although in the case of Canada, it is not clear whether Fox would have had the ability to make such a change given that Speed's Canadian authorization was based on it being a motorsports-based network . The version of Speed available in these areas continues to carry various NASCAR and other motorsports events, as well as related studio programming, mostly simulcast with their U.S. broadcasts on Fox Sports 1 or Fox Sports 2, but does not otherwise originate any new programming of its own. During hours when the network is not simulcasting FS1 or FS2, it carries repeats of Speed's past reality and documentary programming. The international feed only carries advertising for Speed's own programming and Big Ten Network during commercial breaks, with no outside advertising aside from promotions inserted by local providers.[4]

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Yep cool cars

I met Jon Reep at a comedy club a few yrs ago right before the racing show started. Hilarious guy, he also won last comic standing

Ryan
He's also the guy from the Dodge "Has that thing got a HEMI?" Commercials.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 View Post
From wikipedia:

North America (outside the United States)

Speed became available in Canada shortly after its U.S. launch. As Speedvision, Speed was approved by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to be added to its list of non-Canadian network approved for carriage on Canadian cable and satellite providers in 1997.[19] As such, Speed is carried by most Canadian television service providers. Prior to August 2013, the schedule seen in Canada was largely identical to the U.S. schedule, except that some programming, particularly live Formula 1 events, were blacked out to protect TSN, the owner of F1 broadcast rights in Canada (as foreign services must own Canadian broadcast rights to the content they air).[20] However, this point became moot in the 2013 season, as NBC Sports Network is not carried in Canada.
For viewers in Canada, as well as the Caribbean and Puerto Rico, Speed was not converted to Fox Sports 1. The exact reasons for this have not been confirmed, although in the case of Canada, it is not clear whether Fox would have had the ability to make such a change given that Speed's Canadian authorization was based on it being a motorsports-based network . The version of Speed available in these areas continues to carry various NASCAR and other motorsports events, as well as related studio programming, mostly simulcast with their U.S. broadcasts on Fox Sports 1 or Fox Sports 2, but does not otherwise originate any new programming of its own. During hours when the network is not simulcasting FS1 or FS2, it carries repeats of Speed's past reality and documentary programming. The international feed only carries advertising for Speed's own programming and Big Ten Network during commercial breaks, with no outside advertising aside from promotions inserted by local providers.[4]
Thank you for clearing that up...I was wondering vs hag was happening..I've seen ads for fox sports one.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #11
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I watched the show when it was on, but I can't say I enjoyed anything other than some of the cool cars. Reep was very obnoxious and insulting to the amateur drivers. As a few others have said he really overdid the redneck thing a lot. Also, the competition was usually very unfair; almost like a VW bug against an Olds 442 or a Formula 1 against a Formula Vee. It would have been much more fair if they had actually tried to match the cars to be more equal. I would have enjoyed it much more if they had another host for it. I would like to see the series revived with another host and a better matching of the cars, and drivers. A Pro in a hot car against an amateur in a street car is not that entertaining. But it does make the amateurs that won look that much better.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #12
Fieryfight

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT IBM Convertible
The episodes are on youtube
Watched them all last week
Fieryfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:47 AM   #13
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
He's also the guy from the Dodge "Has that thing got a HEMI?" Commercials.
And he was in the 2nd Harold and Kumar He was the one that was married to his sister livingin the woods.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote