Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
BottleFEED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Amazon prime wtf !!?

Anyone know when amazon prime gets more tires in they are out of 285/30/20 and 315/30/20. I have been waiting on ordering some nitto invo's and growing tired of looking at my new 10 spokes sitting in wait. I am debating on getting different nittos or another tire all together! Any other tires in same price range/recommendations? Any amazon freaks out there have any idea on how long of a wait It is? An FYI I'm in Hawaii so that's why I am forced to use amazon. Thanks in advance !
Old 02-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
bionick

The guy I told you to email about the zl1 replicas,
They sell tires also. Shoot him an email and ask if they do free shipping for tires. Rims ship free so I don't see why tires wouldnt
Old 02-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Hawaii is not part of the US... in regards to sales/shipping. No large item will ship to Hawaii free, except for Amazon or with monthly restock containers for some larger resellers on island. Also, smaller vendors do not have the same shipping contracts as larger companies so shipping costs will vary. Some vendors don't believe or have access to Ground shipping to Hawaii, but it exists. Ground to West Coast, then air to Hawaii. That's why some ground costs are almost as high as 2-3 day service.

Welcome to Hawaii !!!

As for the tires, Amazon is hit & miss for stock. Git em while you see em. Pilot Super Sport is on Prime now. Too bad it's the wrong version for 295 & 315. Also, they are not an authorized seller so no rebates apply. Yes, on the surface, it's pricier than tire rack, but 2-day Prime shipping is 6.99 or free std shipping. Take in consideration the excise tax and it's cheaper than any local seller, regardless of $6.99 2-day per tire as a Prime member. Remember, Tire Rack is ~ $70/tire shipping to Hawaii and they don't sell Nitto.

Give David a call at Mod Industries off Sand Island Access Rd. His # is 808-842-9916. Tell him the guy with the black Camaro w/CCW wheels referred you from C5. I ordered Nittos and Toyos from him when not available anywhere else. He was the next cheapest place. A lot of the Auto-X guys order from him.

You can compare his prices with any board sponsor. If the C5 sponsor can't drop ship tires, then they probably can't beat local pricing. Need to get accustomed to paying more in Hawaii for many things.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:29 AM   #4
BottleFEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionick View Post
The guy I told you to email about the zl1 replicas,
They sell tires also. Shoot him an email and ask if they do free shipping for tires. Rims ship free so I don't see why tires wouldnt
Still expensive for shipping I tried when I called about rims
Old 02-08-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
BottleFEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Hawaii is not part of the US... in regards to sales/shipping. No large item will ship to Hawaii free, except for Amazon or with monthly restock containers for some larger resellers on island. Also, smaller vendors do not have the same shipping contracts as larger companies so shipping costs will vary. Some vendors don't believe or have access to Ground shipping to Hawaii, but it exists. Ground to West Coast, then air to Hawaii. That's why some ground costs are almost as high as 2-3 day service.

Welcome to Hawaii !!!

As for the tires, Amazon is hit & miss for stock. Git em while you see em. Pilot Super Sport is on Prime now. Too bad it's the wrong version for 295 & 315. Also, they are not an authorized seller so no rebates apply. Yes, on the surface, it's pricier than tire rack, but 2-day Prime shipping is 6.99 or free std shipping. Take in consideration the excise tax and it's cheaper than any local seller, regardless of $6.99 2-day per tire as a Prime member. Remember, Tire Rack is ~ $70/tire shipping to Hawaii and they don't sell Nitto.

Give David a call at Mod Industries off Sand Island Access Rd. His # is 808-842-9916. Tell him the guy with the black Camaro w/CCW wheels referred you from C5. I ordered Nittos and Toyos from him when not available anywhere else. He was the next cheapest place. A lot of the Auto-X guys order from him.

You can compare his prices with any board sponsor. If the C5 sponsor can't drop ship tires, then they probably can't beat local pricing. Need to get accustomed to paying more in Hawaii for many things.
Thanks, an yeah I am accustom to it I was living in Fairbanks Alaska before here an had to deal with same prices it just sucks. I will call him when I am out of the field here !