Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Vai

Drives: In the process of buying a Cam
Question Cmax spiral throttle body ...help please

I just received the throttle from Apex and wanted to make sure it was not damaged.

@chase - can you check out the pictures and let me know if this is supposed to be slightly open from each side or is there supposed to be a clean seal?

Btw, that throttle is closed all the way. The pictures show both sides of the throttle.

Thanks!
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
It is not supposed to be completely sealed off when the throttle blade is "closed". It is slightly open so that the engine can still breathe and stay running. If it completely sealed off the engine would choke out and die every time you took your foot off the gas pedal.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
Vai

Thanks Chase! Just wanted to make sure. Btw, do I need to get a special torque wrench for the throttle install or can I just hand tighten it?
Old 02-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Thanks Chase! Just wanted to make sure. Btw, do I need to get a special torque wrench for the throttle install or can I just hand tighten it?
No torque wrench is needed. I do not recall the exact spec but it is not very tight. Hand tightening is fine.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #5
Vai

wish me luck, i'm about to go do it now in this winter storm lol
Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Any codes that the DIC throws are related to you disconnecting the throttle body. Just unplug the battery for about 5 - 10 minutes and you should be fine.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #7
Vai

Thanks montalvo! I wasn't able to do it today...the weather got worse! Tomorrow might be around 40 degrees so will do it after work.

Should I disconnect the battery before I remove the plug? Also, the battery is supposed to be in the trunk right? Where the heck in the trunk is it lol???
Old 02-14-2014, 04:47 AM   #8
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
[QUOTE=Vai;7420243]Thanks montalvo! I wasn't able to do it today...the weather got worse! Tomorrow might be around 40 degrees so will do it after work.

Should I disconnect the battery before I remove the plug? Also, the battery is supposed to be in the trunk right? Where the heck in the trunk is it lol???[/QUOTE]

I did not disconnect the battery when I changed out mine. Guess my wife is right, I break the ........

As for the battery, yes, it is in the trunk, under the carpet, under the board, see photo.
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Since you haven't done it yet, just know that you have to apply SOME force to remove the harnesses. I'm always scared that I'll break something when removing a harness but it usually takes a little extra force.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #10
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Speaking of force on wire harness, keep in mind if it is cold, that plastic becomes some what brittle, careful how you apply that force so as not to snap the harness plastic clips.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
Vai

Thank you guys! I plan on doing it tonight when I get home from work. Hopefully it will all work out and won't be too much of a problem. I have a feeling that the current throttle is gunked up because I feel like the power is being restricted...also the gas is still a bit concerning...still getting around 11mpg and that's with grandma driving and people honking at me for going 50-60mpg on the highway and not taking off like a rocket when it turns green.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:18 AM   #12
Vai

Installed it and the old throttle was like brand new! I saw a very slight increase in response and the sound is a bit more aggressive.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:27 AM   #13
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
[QUOTE=rtcat600man;7420757]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Thanks montalvo! I wasn't able to do it today...the weather got worse! Tomorrow might be around 40 degrees so will do it after work.

Should I disconnect the battery before I remove the plug? Also, the battery is supposed to be in the trunk right? Where the heck in the trunk is it lol???[/QUOTE]

I did not disconnect the battery when I changed out mine. Guess my wife is right, I break the ........

As for the battery, yes, it is in the trunk, under the carpet, under the board, see photo.
I disconnected my battery. I just did my vmax tb on my SS this last weekend.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote