Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
NWBCCHEVY

Drives: Black 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss L99
Need places to visit on road trip to Cali

I'm going on a road trip in my Camaro from Kitimat, BC, Canada down to California to take my girlfriend to Disney land, it's about 3400km..We are going to take highway 1 from Vancouver all the way down..I'm looking for places to stop along the way, cool things to check out. If anyone has any places they think I should stop lemme know where it is and what it is. Thanks in Advance for the help.
NWBCCHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
BC to Anaheim? Okay, so, gosh. A whole lot of options. I'm not from there, but did a little travel on the northern west coast.

Start before Cali
-Seattle Space Needle
-Mt. Ranier(walk on the glacier)
-Rain forest tour
-Killer whale tour(although maybe not a big deal to you, we don't have those here)
-Mt. St. Helen's
-Stop and see an Imax about Mt. St. Helen's
In Cali
-Yosemite, drive the canyon(it's inland, but it's worth the diversion I think)
-Wineries, nice driving there
-Make it to San Fran, it's wide open there, Alcatraz, Anchor Steam, Boudin Bakery, it just goes on.
(Does anyone know if the Bush man is still around?)UPDATEWikipedia says he's still around, take your girlfriend down there. He hides in plain sight behind a bush and scares people, it's a hoot, but don't tell her, just try and walk her past him, see if he gets her. Then give him a buck or two.

I'd say your choices are limitless.

My brother and his wife used to live in San Fran. I had a dream the other night that I was trying to get them to move back so I could go with them. Weird. It's really nice out there.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
NWBCCHEVY

Definitely going to check out Yosemite on the way back, and I'm gonna do some research on some of the other places you mentioned, thanks for your help!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBCCHEVY View Post
Definitely going to check out Yosemite on the way back, and I'm gonna do some research on some of the other places you mentioned, thanks for your help!
No problem, but I forgot one of the things in Seattle that I really enjoyed, a tour of their underground. A lot of history there that you can touch, feel, and smell. It's so much better than black and white photos from a book.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I agree with checking out San Francisco. So much to do there!

You can also check out the Santa Monica Pier. They have some shops, places to eat and a small amusement park.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:33 PM   #6
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
monterey bay aquarium and 13 mile drive in Carmel, santa cruz. Further North is Humbolt and all the redwood trees.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
ElGK

Drives: 2SSRSRJT
I assume you're doing US 101 to Northern California then down the 1? I'd suggest skipping the WA coast unless you just want the scenery or Forks if there's a Twilight fan.

How many days are you doing the drive down?

I'd focus time in San Francisco & Santa Cruz then take a couple of days to drive down to LA and see the sights there. Disneyland you want to take in over 2-3 days with the two parks, which isn't cheap. I think the park is up to $95 a day per park. See if there's a local deal at the time you're going and if one of the members here can hook you up.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #8
NWBCCHEVY

Yea we going to take probably 3 days to get to our hotel near Disney Land..spend 3-4 days going to the parks, including sea world. Then take our time on the way back to sight see and what not.