Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Pontiac smacks BMW

oh yeh.....

Is there a code for embedding youtube vids???
Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That is one of the best comparisons ever. GM is dominating.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
GM IS MF'n takin it home

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
oh yeh.....

...Is there a code for embedding youtube vids???
Cool videom, GM is really kicking a$$ with this Zeta platform and the G8 - and yes there is a code. Substitute "[" for all "{", and "]" for all "}".

{u2b}last letters after the equals sign in the pure YouTube URL{/u2b}

Old 03-31-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
It's about time Pontiac did some smack talk/advertising.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Reminds me of a little saying:
It ain't bragin' if ya back it up!

As for the price, the Pontiac doesnt have a BMW emblem on it. I think those are worth their weight in gold. they must be otherwise how can you justify the price for something that has worse numbers than a 30k sedan from Pontiac?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 PM   #7
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Thats so bad@ss lol those cars look awesome
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Aries

Drives: GTS VIPER, GS400,
That was great!! Was that an actual Pontiac commercial? If not it should be.
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #9
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Why are they comparing it to the 5 series, bring out the M3 for comparison. They probably didn't even compare the higher performance model either. I'm not taking away from pontiac, the G8 is a GREAT car, but c'mon if your going to compare a performance model to a standard 5 series... Price wise there is no comparison, but then again the status, and YES the materials that come with the BMW are better than anything pontiac could muster, but then again, so are the BMW repair bills....
Old 03-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Agreed, if that isn't a real Pontiac ad, it should be.

In BMW's price defense (sorta) yes you pay a lot for the badge, but exchange rates also contribute to the significantly higher price. It still doesn't justify what they cost, but it is something to consider.

Anyway, yes, I'd rather have the Pontiac with its lower costs of ownership and less egotistical vibe. However, if I was going to get a luxury car, BMW is nearly tied with Caddy. Now if only Cadillac would come out with a 3 series fighter.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

I'm not going to sit up here and act like BMW stands for "Big Money Waster", because it doesn't. (Now this is me being honest, not unnecessarily abrasive by any means, and this is NOT directed at anyone, it's a fact) I think a lot of people look down on BMW's because they simply can't afford to buy one themselves and therefore can't imagine spending the associated cost to buy one, now that's not everyone but I know personally that's more than a few people I actually know that seem to have absolutely NOTHING good to say about Bimmers. Fact is folks, you get what you pay for, A.S.A.T. (As Simple As That). When you consider the kind of technology BMW builds into it's cars and their level of functionality the price is completely justifiable, beyond that we actually pay the LEAST for not only Bimmers but German cars in general anywhere in the world. The G8 is definitely a ground-breaker for sure, but I doubt it comes anywhere close to the level of functionality one would find in a 5 series. Definitely great effort, but no cigar.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
But, Scotsman. Isn't there such a thing as TOO much of a 'good' thing?

Obviously not the best source, but I was watching an episode of TopGear, and Clarkson did a comparison between the VXR8(G9 GXP's brother) and a Bimmer. He made a good point; the VXR8 was so good, he liked it so much, because it was so simple. Why the heck do I need 7 different drivetrain settings, why do I need the option for different power levels coming out of the engine?

That's the way I look at it. The G8 is better than the BMW, imho, because it's so much simpler, and yet faster. It's all I'd ever need. Even IF I had the mula, I wouldn't swing for a Bimmer.

Maybe I'm just wierd in the head...............
Old 03-31-2008, 11:17 PM   #13
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
But, Scotsman. Isn't there such a thing as TOO much of a 'good' thing?

Obviously not the best source, but I was watching an episode of TopGear, and Clarkson did a comparison between the VXR8(G9 GXP's brother) and a Bimmer. He made a good point; the VXR8 was so good, he liked it so much, because it was so simple. Why the heck do I need 7 different drivetrain settings, why do I need the option for different power levels coming out of the engine?

That's the way I look at it. The G8 is better than the BMW, imho, because it's so much simpler, and yet faster. It's all I'd ever need. Even IF I had the mula, I wouldn't swing for a Bimmer.

Maybe I'm just wierd in the head...............
What doesn't change is individual preference, and I agree that simplicity is ultimately better than experimentation with the complex and unknown. I'd rather have an Audi B6/7 S4 than both personally, a totally underrated but stellar performer. Can't wait til the B8 gets here!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:00 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

That was great! How I'd love to see that commercial on the air.

My wife says..."and you pay an extra $40,000 just for a little logo....status symbol." Personally, I have nothing against Beamers. Dad owned one a while back and it was pretty nice. But, bang for the buck? Durrrrr....Pontiac hands down. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to any BMW owners or anything...nor is the wife with her thoughts. But, again........

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE G8 GT IN PERSON, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote