Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Mod direction

So i added my Roto-Fab CAI and pleased with it. Next on the list are Sway Bars. Do you guys recommend one brand over another? My car is a DD but I want a better feel in turns and such. I play when I can but wont track it until i get a few more HP mods and a tune which will come soon enough. Also, what do you suggest for LT headers and high flow cats? Is there something else I would need when upgrading those? I have a 2010 2LT/RS

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
I have heard that Sway Bars to little to nothing on our coupes. Could be wrong though. That money would be much better spent on a good set of coilovers.

For LT I have heard American Racing Headers are the best, but they are pricy. I am looking towards Stainless Power Headers because they look like a good balance between cost and gains.
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
BBK LT and hi flow cats are popular brand. Quality is good and a good price. You will need O2 extensions for long tubes.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Sways are excellent for the money...Its my favorite suspension mod currently and makes a night and day difference. No more body roll and goes exactly where I want the car to go. Check out LSR.

Ceramic BBK'S have my vote also.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #5
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Yes, sway bars will help with cornering. But need to look into lower springs or coil overs too.

I have OBX headers, these were half the cost of others and work and look good too. This is because they do not come with High Flow cats. So those running OBX are running catless.

Check out my link in my signature for other great mods to look to do.

Try and keep a nice balance of handling, performance and cosmetic.

If you should have any questions please feel free to send me a IM.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:59 AM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Not a bad deal to get started with lowering. These are the springs I have in mine, much better looking lowered, slightly stiffer ride, and better center of gravity.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367521
Old 07-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #7
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Love my sways. I went with ARH, high flow cats & a specially designed h-pipe Nick at ARH says will make out LLT sound better with LT's. If I can ever get them installed, we will know about that.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #8
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Whoever told you sways make little difference on our coupes either drives like a granny or just hasn't driven a 5th Gen.

First suspension mod I ever made was a Pfadt Balance bar- just the back sway cause that's where we need it the most. I was just looking to improve traction/balance during straight line acceleration.

I was blown away with the improvement in cornering! I became a believer and then a whole slew of suspension upgrades followed and each one made a difference.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #9
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Would a sway bar be a good investment for a daily driver?
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #10
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Yes- you'll enjoy driving it every day!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #11
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Ventmaster did you eventually put sways on the front too? I mean if the fronts dont matter i will save the cash and only buy the back. Also, were yours performance or ones equal to the SS? Stiffer?

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #12
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I did the rear first but have now purchased the front as I can feel the need for it too. Awaiting install on it too!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #13
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

I went with Eibach Sway bars for both the front and the rear. And for sure it makes it handles like on rails. very flat thru the corners.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #14
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
So i added my Roto-Fab CAI and pleased with it. Next on the list are Sway Bars. Do you guys recommend one brand over another? My car is a DD but I want a better feel in turns and such. I play when I can but wont track it until i get a few more HP mods and a tune which will come soon enough. Also, what do you suggest for LT headers and high flow cats? Is there something else I would need when upgrading those? I have a 2010 2LT/RS

Sway bars are hands down the best bang-for-your-buck suspension mod you can do! They'll dramatically improve the stability and rolls resistance in corners. You be able to take corners at a higher speed with much more confidence.

I suggest going with the BMR sway bars. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions and I'll be happy to help set you up with the right parts the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
For LT I have heard American Racing Headers are the best, but they are pricy. I am looking towards Stainless Power Headers because they look like a good balance between cost and gains.
ARH do make the nicest set I have seen, Stainless works is another great option for a top tier header. As far as I know Stainless power does not have an offering for the V6, only V8 models.

BBK is a popular choice for LT's as well. I would suggest their Stainless version though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Whoever told you sways make little difference on our coupes either drives like a granny or just hasn't driven a 5th Gen.

First suspension mod I ever made was a Pfadt Balance bar- just the back sway cause that's where we need it the most. I was just looking to improve traction/balance during straight line acceleration.

I was blown away with the improvement in cornering! I became a believer and then a whole slew of suspension upgrades followed and each one made a difference.
Agreed! Suspension can make more of a difference in fun factor than a lot of the bolt on power mods IMO. Then again, I am much more into the twisties than strait line fun; corners are a funner fast.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote