Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-25-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Need information on front and rear vinyl overlays

Okay, I've seen these vinyl overlays in some photos of Camaros that "blacks out" the flat area in front of the headlights on the front facia. I think this is very cool looking, as it harkens back to to the 3rd and 4th gen Camaros that had this same area black in front of their headlights. I need some information about these, as well as where to purchase them.

First off, I'm getting a 2015 1SS soon. I've seen some for sale on Amazon for 2014 models. The 2015's are a carry over of the refresh design, so that isn't an issue. What concerns me is the pictures seem to show the V6 facia. Is that flat area in front of the headlights the same depth and size on both the V6 and V8 facias, or do I need to find an SS specific set? I want to do just the flat areas in front of the headlights, not the other kit that does part of the front bumper area as well.

As for the rear, I want to do just the area between the tail lights. I've seen kits that do a "surround" type overlay that goes all the way around the tail lights, but I'm looking for something similar to the 2010-13 version that just adds a black bar between the tail lights. I also intend to remove the rear bowtie, so I don't want a kit with a cut-away for that. Does a simple single bar design exist for the 2014-15 rear?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with this. I don't want to order the wrong thing, and end up with something that doesn't fit. Some help with figuring this out would be much appreciated.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
TadashiKuraoka
Summit White Camaro

Drives: Summit White 2011 Chevy SS Camaro
Hey Lonecynic!
I would suggest going to your local vinyl shop and have them customize the vinyls in the fashion you like it. It seems you have a pretty good idea of what you want in terms of the overlays, and if you go to a vinyl shop they can do it all in one go. Ask them to take off that rear bow tie, blackout where you want (not between or after taillights) and so on. OR go get it painted! Bit more expensive & permanent, but it looks much more flush then vinyls.
TadashiKuraoka is offline   Reply With Quote