The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Z06 Discussions

Old 11-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
SEMA 2014 News

I thought I would start a thread for news about the Z06 from SEMA. Here's the first one I've seen.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/11/...z06-sema-2014/

Quote:
Chevrolet is showcasing a whole slew of concept performance parts that will be pulled down from 2015 Corvette Z06 at the 2014 SEMA show in Las Vegas. As if the 2015 Corvette Z06 isn’t already promising greatness, Chevrolet Performance has concocted everything from steel rotor brakes with Brembo six-piston calipers, to a larger rear transmission cooler, to a new front grille allowing for greater air flow… for the Stingray. Though for now, it’s just a “concept,” considering the C7 Z06 isn’t launching until January 2015.
To recap (and honestly it’s a great recap) so let’s talk about the performance of the Z06 for a brief moment. The monster 2015 Corvette Z06 achieves a sub-3 second 0-60 time, and an 11-second quarter-mile. Power is either sent to the standard 7-speed manual, where 0-60 happens at 3.2-seconds, or the all new 8-speed automatic with paddle shifters, producing a 0-60 time of 2.95(!)-seconds.
Chevrolet Performance’s concept parts from the C7 Z06 for the Stingray are meant to demonstrate the possibilities of how owners can could apply factory engineered to the new Z06 to make the car an even more capable track machine.
“We are looking forward to feedback from SEMA members and Corvette enthusiasts around the world about their interest in these concept Z06 parts” said Jim Campbell, Vice President of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports.
The extensive list of concept factory engineered parts being shown are as follows:
Z06 stabilizer bars, control arms and the Z06’s unique composite transverse leaf spring
Unique Bilstein shocks, tuned to match the chassis components of the Z06
Z06 front and rear brakes (steel rotors) – featuring Brembo aluminum six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers; and 14.6-inch-diameter front rotors and 14.4-inch rear rotors
Z06 front and rear brakes (carbon ceramic rotors) – the brakes from the Z06’s available Z07 package include 15.5-inch carbon ceramic matrix front rotors and 15.3-inch carbon rear rotors
Z06 front brake ducts
Z06 600-watt radiator electric fan for superior cooling capability
Z06 front grille, which offers 17-percent greater airflow than the grille on the Stingray with the Z51 package – and it includes inlets that match the Z06 front brake ducts
Z06 rear transmission oil cooler – a larger cooler assembly that replaces the one used on the Stingray’s Z51 package for about 15-percent more cooling capacity
Z06 front auxiliary transmission cooler that essentially doubles the overall cooling capacity
Z06 rear quarter-panel vents that provide approximately 25-percent greater airflow than the Z51 vents at track speed
Z06 carbon fiber torque tube that is about 13.2 pounds lighter than the Stingray’s torque tube
Z06 drive shaft couplers that are designed to stand up to higher exhaust heat than the Stingray and Z51 couplers
Z06 carbon fiber underbody braces are 17-percent lighter than the Stingray’s aluminum braces, while offering comparable stiffness
Z06 high-wing rear spoiler with wicker, based on the available carbon fiber aero package.
We’re pretty positive reactions will be very warm to these possible upgrades for the Corvette Stingray as they could offer some seriously great improvements from an already incredibly engineered car. I think the Holiday wish lists of the GM Authority staff just got this much longer.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/11/...#ixzz3I6oXm53U
Post 'em if you got 'em.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Exxcellent!!!

I'm going out to SEMA on Thursday...

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Exxcellent!!!

I'm going out to SEMA on Thursday...

Becky
Have fun and tell us all about it when you get back.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
I'll be at SEMA on Friday! My car is already there...check out the Rideskinz Automotive/DONZ Wheels Manta Ray. BIG Big big thanks to Rideskinz, Rennen, Continental for the star treatment of my ride.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
I'll be at SEMA on Friday! My car is already there...check out the Rideskinz Automotive/DONZ Wheels Manta Ray. BIG Big big thanks to Rideskinz, Rennen, Continental for the star treatment of my ride.
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #6
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Tony,

What can I say? You, Jason, Rennen, and the AirportGT guys did a masterful job on the car. I already got A LOT of attention in the Stingray...but it is insane as the Rideskinz Manta Ray. I had a blast at SEMA, and thank you for the celebrity treatment of my car.