Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Rock guards for us with Ground Effects Please

Yes I know this has been discussed and I spent hours searching and reading on the forum. However, I do not have a Z(obviously) so mine does not come with any partial rock guards. I just have a 2LT that has ground effects package!!!! I want to know if someone has a Camaro with Ground Effects package that came with no factory rock guards...... what have you used. Has anyone found front and backs that fit on ground effects made by GM???
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
RPI is the only manufacturer of guards for OEM ground effects that I know of. However the rears do not fit, only the front. I do not have ground effects for my 2012 2SS, but the front guards were all I needed as they stopped the chipping process on the doors and "gill" area's completely.

Here's your link.
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=3303
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #3
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
Yes I know this has been discussed and I spent hours searching and reading on the forum. However, I do not have a Z(obviously) so mine does not come with any partial rock guards. I just have a 2LT that has ground effects package!!!! I want to know if someone has a Camaro with Ground Effects package that came with no factory rock guards...... what have you used. Has anyone found front and backs that fit on ground effects made by GM???
We are under Development as of now on these and will have our Prototypes on our Mock Up Car within the next Couple of Weeks.

These will consist of Front And Rear Wheel Well Canards at the Front of Each Well and Rock Guards at the Rear of the Well.

Look for our Coming Thread.

Last edited by Aero_Sport_Concepts; 03-22-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Aero_Sport_Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Hurry

I'm in for two sets if they work F&R with factory GFX!!!
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #5
jokerkojack

Drives: 2012
Contact Showstopper..... He is a vendor here and does amazing stuff. I believe he has them ready to go.

jokerkojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Yea, I talked to show stoppers, they said fronts will work but they have nothing for the rears.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #7
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
We are under Development as of now on these and will have our Prototypes on our Mock Up Car within the next Couple of Weeks.

These will consist of Front And Rear Wheel Well Canards at the Front of Each Well and Rock Guards at the Rear of the Well.

Look for our Coming Thread.

Please confirm that these will work for cars that have the ground effects package... Please note that if they fit ZL1, 1LE, etc, they will not fit ground effects cars.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:07 PM   #8
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
I just have a 2LT that has ground effects package!!!! I want to know if someone has a Camaro with Ground Effects package that came with no factory rock guards...... what have you used. Has anyone found front and backs that fit on ground effects made by GM???

I have the new OEM front rock guards, and it works fine. The new style and old style OEM rears will not work with the GFX. I have even tried modifying them, and no dice- I thought I could get them to work, but did not look presentable at all.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #9
seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
I have the new OEM front rock guards, and it works fine. The new style and old style OEM rears will not work with the GFX. I have even tried modifying them, and no dice- I thought I could get them to work, but did not look presentable at all.
Do you have a pic to share of the OEM front rock guards from GM? I guess since no one has the rears for GFX I would decide from Showstopper or GM for the front at least.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
Old 03-26-2015, 11:43 PM   #10
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I'm getting the ZL-1 rock guards for the front. I know the rear ones won't fit with the GFX, but the fronts will. I haven't found a need for rock guards on the rear. I just put clear bra on the GFX right behind the wheel well and wrapped just to the corner. I have no chips on rear fender or GFX. And this is with 315's on 11 inch wheels. I do have chips on gills and behind front fender and lower part of doors.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
I'm getting the ZL-1 rock guards for the front. I know the rear ones won't fit with the GFX, but the fronts will. I haven't found a need for rock guards on the rear. I just put clear bra on the GFX right behind the wheel well and wrapped just to the corner. I have no chips on rear fender or GFX. And this is with 315's on 11 inch wheels. I do have chips on gills and behind front fender and lower part of doors.
Be sure to use a torx head to remove the 2 screws when you install the guards, don't over tighten as the screws can easily strip.

For the rock chips you have, Dr colorchip works great on smaller chips and road rash. For larger chips the Langka works well.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #12
seven

Called several dealers around my area and theyt only find the molded guards which obviously will not work on ground effects. I found these. It says it not to use with factory ground effects yet in the picture it looks like there are ground effects on the car. Anyone bought these?

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/exteri...-92281887.html
Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #13
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
That photo has the ZL1 Rockers or Special Edition Rockers which are the same.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts
Old 03-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #14
seven

anyone have these??
http://zl1addons.com/index.php/produ...l1-rock-guards