Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
chevymuscle311

Drives: 2SS/RS- IOM w/ CG Rallies
Can anyone help me with a flashdrive issue???

I have all my music in seperate folders by artist and then subfolders by album. Everytime I choose an album it plays one song and then starts playing random songs. The setting to play random songs is off, so why won't it play the whole album????
chevymuscle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
The Camaro doesn't care about what folders you have on the flash drive since it sorts all of your songs into folders itself. It goes by the tags the songs have. Hook your flash drive up to your computer and check the tags on all of the songs and make sure they are correct.

Also check and make sure you have the play order set to the way you want it on the head unit. There may be ways to play songs according to artist, album, track number, etc.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Gaf

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
I bet if you look, the songs aren't random. What I am seeing is after it plays one song that you select, it continues on playing the songs in alphabetical order by song title. Because the artists change, it seems like random. At least that is what is happening to me.

Gaf
Gaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
chevymuscle311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaf View Post
I bet if you look, the songs aren't random. What I am seeing is after it plays one song that you select, it continues on playing the songs in alphabetical order by song title. Because the artists change, it seems like random. At least that is what is happening to me.

Gaf
So how do you get it to keep playing the entire album by one artist??
Old 09-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #5
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
mine does the same thing. im almost sure that you just go to artist click the first song with the menu button. go onto the menu tab and check on there for any info about the mp3 player mode.thats about all i use is the mp3 player in my car. unfortunately my car is at paint or i would go out and figure it out..it really doesnt have anything at all to do with your mp3 player. once you hook it up to the car the cars radio takes over. when you choose "artist" it should only play tunes from the album of that artist you choose..IF you choose "all" then choose the artist then a song its supposed to just randomly play after the first picked song. if anything else i believe you can also pick a "playlist" option as well..ill get my car back in two weeks so im not gonna be any good to your after this post. but check out the "artist" and not the "all" section..ill check back in once i get to my car and see if youve found the solution..if not ill post what i found to do with mine..but like i said itll be a week or two before i get my car back..sorry.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
GreendaleSRT4

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
You need to search by "Folder".

Press "Search", then "Folder View", then select your first track. Hope that helps!

GreendaleSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
mine comes up and says artist.once i pick artist it shows all the albums from that artist. then once i pick the album then it plays all the songs from that album alphabetically.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
chevymuscle311

Is there anyway to get it to continue to play the album from where it left off when I get back in the car?? Once I turn the car off it will finish the song and then go back to All artists in ABC order.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Get an iPod

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #10
chevymuscle311

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluch View Post
Get an iPod
I shouldn't have to