Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
RPM Motors

Drives: LSx's
TT Kit Update

Some pictures of our TT build/kit - we will be doing the testing and tuning late in the week or early next.

I will add content or start a new thread as required -- stay tuned

If you want info - please PM - much easier for me make sure I can update those interested...thanks...

<====><====><====><====><====>

<====><====><====><====><====>

<====><====><====><====>
RPM Motors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Charlie, this is the least convoluted system I've system on these Camaros. Systems like the single turbo actually ends up with more piping than the twin. You really have streamlined it to the max.
Two questions:
a) Where are you planning to place the intake filter?
b) Having a total blockage of the radiator by the intercooler, wouldn't it cause engine overheating in stop-and-go situations?

Overall, the design looks like it' going to have very little lag!
..Ben
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
RPM Motors

Drives: LSx's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Charlie, this is the least convoluted system I've system on these Camaros. Systems like the single turbo actually ends up with more piping than the twin. You really have streamlined it to the max.
:
...that was the idea. Working on Corvettes, we've seen most of the TT kits up close and personal and one thing was always clear.....

Quote:
a) Where are you planning to place the intake filter?
Up and into the fresh air stream - definitely not down on the tarmac sniffing up everything but fresh air!

Quote:
b) Having a total blockage of the radiator by the intercooler, wouldn't it cause engine overheating in stop-and-go situations?
No, there will not be any issue.

Quote:
Overall, the design looks like it' going to have very little lag!
..Ben
...thanks, we will be running dyno, street and drag testing soon. First up will be a totally stock LS3 - second will be a forged piston/forged rod LS3 - third we will swap out for the larger turbos and install the big cubic inch motor!
RPM Motors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Twin Turbo
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motors View Post
Up and into the fresh air stream - definitely not down on the tarmac sniffing up everything but fresh air!
Awesome! I'm sure this is going to be a great kit! When ready, I think should also offer a turnkey system with your new built engines as a high end solution to those who want big HP. RPM built engine + RPM TT ==
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote