Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
Goingfast

Drives: 2015 ss camaro
Cobra ssr 80

So I am looking at a cobra ssr 80 radar detector.. I have been looking for a mirror mount that will work with this and I have yet to find one. As well as a hard wire kit. Is anyone running this detector and have do they have this hard wired and mirror mount
Old 11-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
you would be better off not having anything, as opposed to having that hunk o' sh*t.

If you want a radar detector, don't skimp. Just get a good one. It'll pay off. Even good ones can give you a false sense of security, but that is made even worse with a shitty detector. You feel good, but it's not going to do the job you need it to, and you'll still get nailed.

Valentine 1
9500ix
Passport (or passport Max2)
Redline

if you need to do it on the cheap, the lowest I'd go is a Passport 8500 x50

Don't buy cheap radar detector. It will false alarm ALL the time, and it won't reliably pick up the signals you need until it's too late. It may work well on occasion, but all it takes is one ticket, and you've spent the cost of the better detector that would have done the trick.

I personally have a 9500ix. Keep an eye on amazon, and you can get them for under 300 brand new direct from amazon, on occasion.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote