Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 01-04-2016, 01:37 AM   #1
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Cruse Control does't cancel when shifting

It's not really a mechanical issue, just something I will have to get used to. The cruse control in my gen5 would cancel when I shifted, so when I was coming into an area with a slower speed limit I would just down shift to slow down and cancel the cc, but the gen6 cc stays active between shifts so now when I down shift and expect to slow down instead my Camaro nails it when I let off the clutch I guess it is nice for the cc to not cancel out between shifts when accelerating but I'm not used to it being that way, and for me it was more convenient for it to cancel out between shifts. I will just have to get used to hitting the cancel button manually when coming into a slower speed zone from now on.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:01 AM   #2
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
This doesn't seem right. Is it supposed to be that way? I've never heard of a car not canceling cruise when the clutch pedal is depressed.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #3
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
This doesn't seem right. Is it supposed to be that way? I've never heard of a car not canceling cruise when the clutch pedal is depressed.
Agreed. Both my 12 and 15's did that. Of course, I bought the A8 this time around and can't double check with mine, but it should disengage the cruise when you shift the M6.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #4
cartem2

Guess I should check my owners manual to see what it says about the cc maybe it is supposed to cancel. I agree that it seems weird to not cancel but I assumed that's the way it was ment to be. It sure does mess with me when going into a slower speed zone, I am glad I wasn't driving next to any cops when it happened, would look like I was trying to race them
Old 01-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
Guess I should check my owners manual to see what it says about the cc maybe it is supposed to cancel. I agree that it seems weird to not cancel but I assumed that's the way it was ment to be. It sure does mess with me when going into a slower speed zone, I am glad I wasn't driving next to any cops when it happened, would look like I was trying to race them
Yes, you don't want the throttle to stay open when you shift. Very strange.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #6
hadkins2

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE Hyper Blue
From the owners manual.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ro1stPrint.pdf

Page 226. Pressing the clutch to change gears with the M6 will not cancel cruise. Have to depress clutch several seconds.
Not what I was expecting either.

Howard

2005 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
1987 Camaro IROC-Z White T-Tops

Instagram @Gen6ZL1
hadkins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #7
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadkins2 View Post
From the owners manual.

Page 226. Pressing the clutch to change gears with the M6 will not cancel cruise. Have to depress clutch several seconds.

Howard
That's bizarre. I can think of very few times this feature would be useful. The only thing I can think of is that it allows you to change gears while going up a steep hill without having to set cruise again. As someone who likes to use cruise control a lot, this will take some getting used to. Especially since I tend to downshift and engine break before using normal brakes as I approach a stoplight.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #8
cartem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadkins2 View Post
From the owners manual.

Howard
Thanks for that Howard I'm to lazy to look it up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
Yes, you don't want the throttle to stay open when you shift. Very strange.
The throttle doesn't stay open wile the clutch is depressed, but as soon as you let off the clutch the cc steps on it It will definitely take some getting used to. I think it canceling comes in more handy then it not canceling, not exactly sure their reason for changing it.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:16 AM   #9
hadkins2

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE Hyper Blue
Agreed it is strange. I would prefer the cruise disengage when the clutch is pressed but I was thinking about the way I use the cruise and more times than not when I come to an exit ramp and would want to cancel the cruise I think I use the cancel button on the wheel more than the brake or clutch. I need to see how it reacts dropping a gear to pass or on a hill with the cruise on.

Howard

2005 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
1987 Camaro IROC-Z White T-Tops

Instagram @Gen6ZL1

Last edited by hadkins2; 01-04-2016 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Misspelling
hadkins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #10
Clawson

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
My Q60S M6 cancels with the clutch also. Weird.. never had issue with it doing that.
Clawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #11
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I can see this being very unsafe.. Most manual drivers downshift to slowdown.. Unless you mean upshift.. If it stays when I upshift, I'm ok with that, but if it doesn't when I down, then that is a huge issue.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #12
ussj4brolli

Drives: 2x 94:Z28s - 2x95:Z28s - 1x16:1LT
A8 here and I can shift up and down all day and stay active. I know it's supposed to and were talking about manual, but had to throw that in the mix lol
ussj4brolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:26 AM   #13
cartem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I can see this being very unsafe.. Most manual drivers downshift to slowdown.. Unless you mean upshift.. If it stays when I upshift, I'm ok with that, but if it doesn't when I down, then that is a huge issue.
It stays active on upshift or downshift, doesn't matter, you have to hold the clutch in for about 10 seconds before it cancels. 10 seconds doesn't sound like long but it is when you are used to it canceling right away. You downshift to slow down then let off the clutch and the cc nails it like you'er trying to race, would definitely not look good if a cop saw it, and could be really bad if you are not travelling at a safe distance to the person in front of you. Just something new to get used to, nothing unexpected with a brand new car, just a little annoying.

Last edited by cartem2; 01-06-2016 at 12:09 PM.
cartem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #14
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
I stays active on upshift or downshift, doesn't matter, you have to hold the clutch in for about 10 seconds before it cancels. 10 seconds doesn't sound like long but it is when you are used to it canceling right away. You downshift to slow down then let off the clutch and the cc nails it like you'er trying to race, would definitely not look good if a cop saw it, and could be really bad if you are not travelling at a safe distance to the person in front of you. Just something new to get used to, nothing unexpected with a brand new car, just a little annoying.
You just agreed with my point 100%.. Downshifting is traditionally for lower your speed.. I DONT understand how this passed through. My current car, ANY touch to the brake or clutch disengages the C.C...

So this is SAFE but remote start on a manual isn't? Anyone know who i can contact at GM to get an answer on their reasoning? This really does bother me.

You are in 6th, drop the car into 4th to hit a corner, and the car just slams it into high gear?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote