The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Z06 Discussions

Old 01-11-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
2016 Z06 Misc Issues

I have an early 2016 Z06 - ordered it last week of May and arrived at dealer on July 13. LZ3 w/ 7 spd, 2700 miles today. Approx 1800 in Eco, 0 in Weather, 200 in touring, 400 in sport, & 300 in Track.
At 500 mile oil change, I reported outside exhausts are always black and that driving mode is not the same after shutting off and restarting car. No answer on exhausts. They gave me a document from Chevy that said driving mode is supposed to be Touring whenever you start the car.
Today I took the car in for the 6 month oil change. When I started the car, rev-matching was 'on' instead of off and would not change. Audio on the Infotainment center was off and could not be changed. It kept trying to change phone volume and I've never set it up for car and it was not even with me. The changed the oil and then re-flashed something. Audio and rev matching are now working OK. Still no answer on exhausts or driving mode.
I started and stopped car in all modes several times. If stopped in Eco, starts in Eco, stop in weather, starts in Tour, stop in tour, starts in tour, stop in Sport, starts in sport, stop in track, starts in tour. Neither of these are significant issues - I'm just concerned that there is a potential electronic issue looming. Dealer is really good (and large Corvette volume) but they just have not gotten answers to either one.
Love the car, get over 27mpg on road and it's a hell of a lot of fun to drive. Has anyone else experienced either of these issues?
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
goldbug

Drives: 2014 Stingray
What you describe regarding both the exhaust soot and driving mode shutdown vs. startup is normal (IIRC). The exhaust tips don't "dirty" evenly due to NPP, and Track mode returns to Tour once shut off.
goldbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
I can some what agree to the exhaust soot except the outer 2 get very black in 30-50 miles. Has to be a lot of unburned fuel.
ALL modes are to return to Tour upon shutdown. ECO and sport do not...
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #4
goldbug

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
ALL modes are to return to Tour upon shutdown. ECO and sport do not...
Is that written somewhere in documentation? IIRC Sport always stays in sport; I never use Eco. There have been other threads discussing this before.
goldbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:53 AM   #5
Sk8Man
"Take It To The Limit"

Drives: 2015 Z06/Z07 3LZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
. . . I reported outside exhausts are always black and that driving mode is not the same after shutting off
and restarting car. . . .

I started and stopped car in all modes several times. If stopped in Eco, starts in Eco, stop in weather, starts in Tour,
stop in tour, starts in tour, stop in Sport, starts in sport, stop in track, starts in tour. . . .

Has anyone else experienced either of these issues?
It is all normal . . . think about it!! The two driving modes, weather and track, are considered for special-condition driving only
and are required to be reset by driver each time to ensure that he is knowingly and intentionally in them.

The exhaust is working fine. When car is first started it runs "rich" until a required engine operating temperature is reached and
then "leans-out" so the two outside exhaust-tips will indicate that. Which tips that are being exhausted through after the initial
engine warm-up is controlled by the NPP and by the selected driving-mode.

If you like the sound the exhaust can be programed to remain in either the "sport" or "track" mode even while actually in "tour"
driving mode. Also, the dash-display can be selected regardless of the actual driving-mode one is in. I like the "sport-mode"
dash-display and use it in "tour-mode" driving.
Sk8Man is offline   Reply With Quote