Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 03-02-2016, 10:14 AM   #1
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
Sirius Radio XM Complaints

Does this surprise anyone after reading what all of us have been going through on our Camaro 12 month subscription.

Sirius Consumer Complaints Keep Streaming In As Attorneys General Investigate. For about four years state attorneys general in Connecticut and other states have been investigating consumer complaints against Sirius satellite radio service.

There is no indication when the investigation will be completed.

Jaclyn Falkowski, spokeswoman for Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen, assured customers that the investigation is still “active and it is progressing.”

“But unfortunately we cannot comment further at this time,” she said recently, other than the fact that her office had received 40 complaints since the investigation was launched.

During that time CtWatchdog has received more complaints against Sirius than against any other national company.

There is a pattern to the complaints:

Unauthorized charges

Customer service representatives whose English is less than fluent

Promises of refunds that don’t materialize

Having to make repeated phone calls to get help with billing issues

Cancellations of service not honored

Having to spend hours talking to customer service representatives before issues are resolved, or partly resolved

Sirius has received over 3,293 complaints about billing issues in the past three years.
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Yeah their customer service sucks big time! When I called them a few months ago for my SRX, I was transferred like 4 times, finally spoke to someone that I could barely understand her English, I heard kids and a bunch of people sounding like they were having a party in the background, you could clearly hear she was home somewhere. It is frustrating the few times I have to deal with them, but their actual service is great!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #3
usmcfiredog

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Doesn't surprise me... I have always set aside a few hours when I know I have to call them. I hate talking to them for all of the above reasons.
Low Gloss Black 5 Spoke
usmcfiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:25 AM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Does NOT surprise me at all. All auto manufacturers needs to drop em from getting it built in. If Chevy hadn't tied traffic and weather tagged into my navi, I wouldn't bother with XM. Satellite radio is a great feature but because of all the shit I have had to deal with since 2009... It just isn't worth it.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:42 AM   #5
tsincaat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
When you see that they only allow service cancellations over the phone you more or less know from there what to expect. Another company that is going to make it as difficult as possible to cancel your service or dispute any issues in the hopes that you won't bother due to the hassle.

I was actually looking to sign up for their online internet radio a year or two ago. You can sign up online and it's designed to be used on your phone or PC but it's impossible to actually cancel through their website. I wonder why..
Old 03-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #6
tpmotorsports

Drives: Camaros
Its a nice feature but a PITA to deal with.

In order to avoid providing them my credit card number - I recently renewed using a paper check (old school) on an annual basis. That way I'm in control of the renewal process not them.
'02 SS - 35th Anniversary Ed. - 645 miles
'89 IROC Z - 2500 miles
'73 Z28 - Survivor 36k miles
'69 RS/SS 496 - 631 HP 618 TQ
'67 SS - Alum. 406 under construction
tpmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:08 AM   #7
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmotorsports View Post

In order to avoid providing them my credit card number - I recently renewed using a paper check (old school) on an annual basis. That way I'm in control of the renewal process not them.
Good idea.

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #8
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:

I actually never give them or OnStar my Credit card number...they will fuss for a while and threaten service, but I continue to tell them to send me a bill and they always have! Then I pay with a check also!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #9
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
Thank goodness that I never had the dealer set up the XM service. Just said I'd pass.
I did receive many offers in the mail and on line wanting me to subscribe. NO thanks!!
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #10
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:

Exactly...NEVER, EVER give them a credit card. Always insist on a paper invoice. They will start bugging you via email and phone the Day they send the bill though..

Also, Log on to your account and monitor all your subscriptions on-line if you want to stay informed about what's going on..
Old 03-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #11
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
When XM/Sirius merged they shut down a really big call center up in Canada and one in I think Ohio. Not sure but someone told me they only have one left in the US. After that 90% of their calls go to banglapakispoon or where ever. Dis es B R I AAA N how may I help you this evening (it's 10am where you are calling from...) Yeah, ok brian.

While their service is ok their customer service is so atrocious we always let the trial expire and never reup it. If their audio quality improved even by 40% and customer service by 80% we would consider it but we just stream music or use devices. The cost for XM is more than it costs us to just add data to our device plans.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote