Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #29
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
After watching the video, a few things I'm curious about Adams new product.

They call it wash & wax, yet it has no wax in it. It contains silica like Hydrofoam, and many other Carpro products.

Up until now, unlike some other companies, Adams hasn't mislabeled any of their products, so why start now? Call it Adams Wash & Coat.

They state that it can completely dry on the surface with no streaking issues. Yet when they rinse this vehicle, I see no soap bubbles. Dried soap when rinsed is going to create at least some soap bubbles, but none show up.

With Hydrofoam, the last thing you want to do is let it dry, or use on a hot surface, The silica will streak really bad and is difficult to remove. I know this from experience given by other trusted detailers, so I haven't experienced it myself, as I've never allowed it to happen.

He also states that Adams tested silica protection and found it to last up to 4 months, however he did not state the durability of the AWW, just the results of silica testing.

It's not stated if it can be used with no other protection, or referred to as "stand alone" protection.

Silica products are also very hydrophobic, meaning they sheet water extremely well, but no sheeting rinse done before drying? I can dry my whole car with one towel quite easily after applying Hydrofoam, then perfoming a sheet rinse because there isn't much water left to dry.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 09-01-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:46 AM   #30
Joe M 2012 2SS

The reply I got from Adams in regards to the durability of the AWW is that it has the durability of a wax, hence the name wash & wax. This is a very vague answer as waxes vary in their durability.

I'll go out on a limb and say it won't produce the same durability/protection as Hydrofoam, but it will smell better.

I'll take the protection vs. the nice smell.

The price point of each is about the same, with Hydrofoam, I use 3.2 oz in the foam gun. With Adams, you use 3-4 oz in gun, also 1-2 oz in wash bucket, which also makes Hydrofoam more cost effective, less product used, longer durability.

I'd also think Hydrofoam will sheet much better then AWW, but because it wasn't performed on the vehicle in the video, can't be 100% sure.

But based upon the plethora of wash & seal and wash & wax products I've used, Hydrofoam is in a league of it's own when it comes to water sheeting.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:32 AM   #31
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
After actually trying the Adam's Wash & Wax Car Shampoo:
http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/314...-wax/?p=491184
I don't know about sheeting because I find no need to do a pooling rinse. I blow the water off the car with a Master Blaster.

One week later and an overnight bit of rain:
http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/314...-hard-at-work/
Looks to me like along with the nice scent it's added protection to the paint.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #32
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
After actually trying the Adam's Wash & Wax Car Shampoo:
http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/314...-wax/?p=491184
I don't know about sheeting because I find no need to do a pooling rinse. I blow the water off the car with a Master Blaster.

One week later and an overnight bit of rain:
http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/314...-hard-at-work/
Looks to me like along with the nice scent it's added protection to the paint.

Master blaster is a great way to dry a car I'm sure. However in my parking spots at my apartment, water tends to pool up on the ground in a few areas while washing, and no way I'm dragging an electrical cord through that, so pooling removes 80-90% of the water, making my car very easy to dry with a plush microfiber. I do use a B&D cordless blower I have to dry the wheels, front grill, and to blow out water from other areas where a towel can't reach such as emblems, door handles, side mirrors, etc.

I don't have reverse osmosis filtered water, and I would guess 99.99% of people who wash their cars don't either, we just use city water, and have no spotting issues because we wash/dry in shade only.

Still don't know the durability of this W&W. I see it has lasted a week on the car you did. Will it last 12 like Hydrofoam? Does it resist acid etching from bird bombs and bugs like Hydrofoam?

I'm not trying to say it's not a good product, but I highly doubt it's as durable, or provides same protection as Hydrofoam, because Adams states it has the durability of a wax. This could be 1 week to 12 weeks, as waxes vary considerably in their durability. But honestly it has no wax at all, silica is used.

It's not stated in the video that it can be used as "stand alone" protection, so based upon that I'd have to think it's towards the lower end.

If I'm going to use a product for protection, the smell is the last thing I care about.

1. How easy is it to use?
2. How long will it last on a properly prepped surface?
3. How durable is it against acids?
4. Is it enough for stand alone protection?
5. Does it require buffing to remove?
6. Can it be used on all exterior surfaces?

Hydrofoam is very easy to use, it lasts 12 weeks, it prevents etching from bugs/bird bombs (provided they are removed in a reasonable time frame), it can be used on it's own, it requires no buffing. Just wash, rinse, pool, dry, done.

If the Adams can exceed this I'll try it. Haven't seen any evidence that it will yet.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 09-20-2016 at 06:54 PM.