Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 09-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Talking BMR Suspension New Product - Strut Tower Brace - STB018

Strut Tower Brace for Sixth Gen Camaro –
STB018

Reduce chassis flex and increase handling and performance on your 2016-newer Chevrolet Camaro with a Strut Tower Brace from BMR Suspension. The Camaro chassis flexes dramatically, even with mild amounts of torque and horsepower. BMR’s Strut Tower Braces are manufactured from a mix of 1x1.5-inch rectangular steel tubing and laser-cut 3/16-inch steel plate. This design adds loads of strength to the front frame and suspension. These Strut Tower Braces are engineered to considerably strengthen the chassis. The STB018’s two-point design solidly links the strut mounts, reinforcing the unibody and suspension. BMR has designed the STB018 for the street performance, drag race, and handling applications. Installation can be done in 10 minutes with simple hand tools. The STB018 is available in black hammertone and red powdercoat for long-last good looks. When performance is a must, rely on BMR Suspension!

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email sales@bmrsuspension.com, or contact them at BMR Suspension, 928 Sligh Ave, Seffner, FL 33584, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
Received this in the mail yesterday! Can't wait to get it installed!

Old 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #3
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEye07 View Post
Received this in the mail yesterday! Can't wait to get it installed!

Old 09-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #4
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
been waiting on this post, to see if it clears the v6 engine...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 09-22-2016, 08:08 PM   #5
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Maybe this is the way to go, instead of GM strut bar, especially with Mishimoto catch can.....
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
Old 09-23-2016, 06:08 PM   #6
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
Looks like its a no go on the V6...Intake Manifold comes up to high.

Only way i see this working is if i put it backwards, but i don't think thats an option

Old 09-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #7
PolynesianPowerhouse

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEye07 View Post
Looks like its a no go on the V6...Intake Manifold comes up to high.

Only way i see this working is if i put it backwards, but i don't think thats an option

Bahhh!

Was sooooo looking forward to it, but when I looked at the strut towers, I had a feeling it was gonna be really close given the design.

One way to go would be to use spacers underneath the mounting plates, but unless their machined or bought pretty thick, you may be looking at 3-5 REALLY THICK washers under each bolt.

Kinda would defeat being mounted to the towers.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 11-04-2016, 08:59 AM   #8
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Anyone using this BMR strut brace?
GM one definitely looks prettier but I still think this one will actually perform better. (ya know... doing what it was supposed to....)

So far, it seems Ghosteye was the only one who was trying to install this piece and had no luck.

Anyone who does racing/track day/HPDE with this setup? Please share your thought. (track day season is over, so I gotta find different way to play with my car, like adding some parts.....? )
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
Old 11-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #9
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i would have ordered the bmr one but i got a killer deal on an oem black one with some scratches on it from my buddy over at thatgmpartsguy.com
Old 11-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #10
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I really dont see how any of the aftermarket strut bars are anything but overkill when you already have strut braces in an already extremely stiffer platform.

In that sense, i'd liken it to eye candy more than anything else and the whole square look of it with the flat cornered ends just doesn't look sexy.

I think this is a piece that should look sexy first (it's in your face above your engine) and be functional second because it's not really going to be doing anything on these cars.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:57 PM   #11
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I really dont see how any of the aftermarket strut bars are anything but overkill when you already have strut braces in an already extremely stiffer platform.

In that sense, i'd liken it to eye candy more than anything else and the whole square look of it with the flat cornered ends just doesn't look sexy.

I think this is a piece that should look sexy first (it's in your face above your engine) and be functional second because it's not really going to be doing anything on these cars.
All depends on what you do with your car.

Do some research on triangulation the front strut bars to the firewall. It's a benefit on any car, that is if you're gonna do any bracing. Stock cars are built to have a bit of compliance for the avg person who complains about nhv in a car.

For all the cars and coffee guys, and car show guys...overkill

For someone throwing their car in a turn at 70mph on a track day consistently with track tires welcome addition.

About 75% of the parts out there are overkill, but that's only because most don't drive hard. Or do anything on a competition level.

It's no different than why BMR makes, poly bushings in parts... and some have spherical bearings for those that can take the nvh. It's both are stiffer than the rubber that comes stock that most of you are happy with.

Not hard to see. just factor in what EVERYONE does with their cars, and not just our own personal plans.

Solid aluminum bushings on the 5th gen made me think...wow...Wasn't this designed for some movement?.. but after riding in a car equipped with em, you experience the difference of a decked out suspension vs stock vs people who add one or two parts.

To each their own.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #12
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
I love BMR products so I'm not here to bash it, but this one looks a little too.....homemade?

Why is not a round bar like you normally use? I think it's the square bar that's throwing everyone off.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #13
BMR Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
I love BMR products so I'm not here to bash it, but this one looks a little too.....homemade?

Why is not a round bar like you normally use? I think it's the square bar that's throwing everyone off.
We are currently working on a new bar that we thing everyone will like a little better.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #14
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Suspension View Post
We are currently working on a new bar that we thing everyone will like a little better.
Will it be v6 friendly?

Closed Thread