Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-15-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
PENS87

Drives: 2017 NGM 2SS Vert
Exhaust SS with Auto

I had a Solo Mach J exhaust system on my 2014 2SS automatic and I loved it, apart from needing to paddle shift to shut off the AFM. When I didn't do this the sound of the exhaust was terrible as when the cylinders shut down there wasn't enough airflow and it sounded like it really bogged down. I now have a 2017 SS Convertible with automatic and would like to change the exhaust but don't want to deal with the same issues. Anyone found a system that the AFM doesn't have this effect?
Old 09-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
V6 section

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'll let you know how the MRT v1 sounds with afm later today. Been driving around in sport mode all the time since installing it yesterday so haven't had the chance for v4 mode to kick in.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:58 PM   #4
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Well, I just drove 43 miles with afm enabled and I can tell you that there are no negative sounds when in v4 mode on the mrt v1. The load needed even at 60 mph is so low to trigger and stay in v4 mode that it sounds like a slow idle if your windows are up and the wind will drown it out completely if down.

Switching back to v6 is so instantaneous that there is no time for rpms to climb while in v4 still.

That being said, the mrt v1 axle back will resonate the hell out of your car under various levels of load but cruising at highway speeds is very tolerable. This exhaust sounds awesome.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote