Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #7183
DF454
Needs more Horsepower

Drives: GMC Sonoma, Equinox LT AWD
A little mojo mix for the holidays. Remeber no drinking and driving, we need everyone here safe and sound:
This is a copy of a post first made by relic, in the [H]ard|OCP computer forum back about 8 years ago.

The Mojo Story

..and so it began....
...sitting on my kitchen floor, building a new DC box while indulging in some of the finer versions of ethanol-based liquid refreshment. Halfway through the boxen building, I realized two things....

1. I was out of good scotch.
2. I hadn't started mixing the "mojo" for the party.

Now "mojo" is a particularly vile mixture of pure grain alcohol, Cherry CoolAid powder and chunks of citrus fruits. (Please note the lack of water or any other diluent)

Mojo recipe:
4 gallons (~16 litres if you care) of 97% ethanol.
8 packages of sweetened cherry Cool Aid.
various oranges, limes, lemons, old shoes...cut into large chunks
Mix thoroughly, with bare hand, while chanting "Nothing good can come of this."
Place outside in snow to cool. (keep animals away! This stuff may kill anything smaller than a camel!)

Somewhere around the "mix thoroughly" part, the whisky, which I'd been drinking to aid in building the new DC box, kicked me in the back of the head......Hard.

This scattered my data, and made my numbers go all random, causing a nasty chain reaction of stumbling, losing coordination and dumping 4 gallon of noxious red liquid into a brand new tbird.

I don't mean "splashing a little on the box". I mean pouring 4 gallons of mojo directly into an open case, a direct hit on the northbridge. Now, as we all know, cases are not watertight. The mojo started escaping into every corner of the kitchen. I sprang into action in an attempt to contain the dangerous stuff.

Unfortunately "springing into action" isn't very easy to do when you've just polished off a bottle of whisky. So I sort of "stumbled into mayhem" instead.

My left foot placed itself directly into the PC case, crunching parts galore, my right foot then decided it wanted no part of this and left for vacation. This had the unfortunate result of leaving me with no means of maintaining my upper body's position above the floor.

Please pause here for a visual reference.

relic, dumbfounded look on his face, stained red to his crotch with mojo, one foot in a PC case, the other slipping radiply away causing an awkward "splits" position...with floor awash in red liquid.

I did the only thing I could do. I fell forward, leading with my face, into the ocean of mojo on the floor.

The resulting splash was absolutely amazing.

Bright-red, ethanol-disolved coloring reached the ceiling.

Tendrils of mojo snaked past the cabinet doors and coated the clean dishes and food in the pantry. The telephone immediately took on a pastel pink color as the mojo ethched it's way into every surface.

The moral of the story? If you remember nothing else I've said....at least remember this....never build boxen on the kitchen floor. Happy new Year.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #7184
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post

...and Mac's the MAN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
But first and foremost, this thread was started to honor a friend who I have never met, Shnomac, hence the name Shno's House of Z.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
#2.99 says and I agree.
Everyone in the House of Z is way to kind......

Now if we could just rub off on the rest of the forum... Maybe even the world... We would be set

I'm good with wherever the Mod's want the thread.... as long as it stays in one of the Z sections, It is after all the House of Z!!!!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #7185
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Shno'Z HouZ of Z!

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #7186
ShnOmac

Quote:
Shno'Z HouZ of Z!

And its all due to Number "Z" !

I like that smiley....
Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #7187
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I like that smiley....
It would be at home as nose art on a plane.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #7188
ShnOmac

Quote:
It would be at home as nose art on a plane.

It would definitely represent targets below it.... One second your smiling the next your..... Well.... Not smiling.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #7189
JusticePete

Oh yeah!

December 7th. I was just thinking about the crew on the Arizona. 1,177 shipmates died together. We can't let our children and future generations forget how many... My Dad is 94 and was a B-25 dive bomber pilot in WWII. He always says the real heroes never made it home. I like to think they did. They went home to another Father.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #7190
ShnOmac

Quote:
Oh yeah!

December 7th. I was just thinking about the crew on the Arizona. 1,177 shipmates died together. We can't let our children and future generations forget how many... My Dad is 94 and was a B-25 dive bomber pilot in WWII. He always says the real heroes never made it home. I like to think they did. They went home to another Father.

After all these years it is still eery pulling into Pearl Harbor. You cant help but think about what happened in the same waters that you are floating in.

Last edited by ShnOmac; 12-07-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #7191
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Maybe this would be the right time to wish all of my friends here a Very Merry Christmas and a happy whatever else you celebrate as well.

May Santa bring you something you'll really enjoy, no matter which list you happen to be on.

...and I'm really digging that new sleigh.
May I have that put on lay away, AND, gift wrapped<clear plastic>....please....pretty please???
Old 12-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #7192
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
The Day That Will Live In Infamy. 12-7-41. I pondered that today. The only reference to that I saw was on on Fox News. Almost forgotten. So sad. Some of "The Greatest Generation" still live. Most are gone. Please hold those amongst us from that period dear and near to your hearts. Cherish them. Never forget Pearl Harbor Day. My parents were amongst that generation. My Dad was a radio operator /gunner on Super Fortress B-29's flying over "The Hump" out of Karachi Pakistan (CBI Theater) into China until he went down in '43. The Blood Chit on the back of his flight jacket saved his life. I still have it. My Mom helped make TBM"s (Avenger torpedo bombers) at the West Trenton GM plant. I am so proud of them.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #7193
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
<clear plastic>

Understood and approved.

I've been to the Arizona Memorial. I saw my wife's cousin's name up there. Price was his name. I can have no higher level of respect for any person than for those who serve our nation to guarantee our freedom.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #7194
JusticePete

Quote:
I've been to the Arizona Memorial. I saw my wife's cousin's name up there. Price was his name. I can have no higher level of respect for any person than for those who serve our nation to guarantee our freedom.
Quote:
The Day That Will Live In Infamy. 12-7-41. I pondered that today. The only reference to that I saw was on on Fox News. Almost forgotten. So sad. Some of "The Greatest Generation" still live. Most are gone. Please hold those amongst us from that period dear and near to your hearts. Cherish them. Never forget Pearl Harbor Day. My parents were amongst that generation. My Dad was a radio operator /gunner on Super Fortress B-29's flying over "The Hump" out of Karachi Pakistan (CBI Theater) into China until he went down in '43. The Blood Chit on the back of his flight jacket saved his life. I still have it. My Mom helped make TBM"s (Avenger torpedo bombers) at the West Trenton GM plant. I am so proud of them.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #7195
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Oh yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

After all these years it is still eery pulling into Pearl Harbor. You cant help but think about what happened in the same waters that you are floating in.
Quote:
Quote:
Understood and approved.

Mac I think you and I have talked about this before.

I've had the very distinct pleasure of flying channel guard in that harbor while my carrier was pulling in to Pearl....

I will never ever forget those 2 hours of flight time... being able to fly over the Arizona to see her sitting on the bottom... 2 hours of almost complete silence from the crew.... we barely spoke... We just didn't have the words to describe what we were feeling.

I've been there twice... It is IMVHO the most powerful memorial I've ever seen...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #7196
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Mac I think you and I have talked about this before.

I've had the very distinct pleasure of flying channel guard in that harbor while my carrier was pulling in to Pearl....

I will never ever forget those 2 hours of flight time... being able to fly over the Arizona to see her sitting on the bottom... 2 hours of almost complete silence from the crew.... we barely spoke... We just didn't have the words to describe what we were feeling.

I've been there twice... It is IMVHO the most powerful memorial I've ever seen...
I think we have discussed it numerous times.......

It's one of those topics that people have to chime in on!

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014