Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #1
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I4 Aftermarket Call-Out Request

This post is to get an update and in no way is intended to upset or discourage vendors or enthusiast but as i'm trying to keep the I4 Aftermarket List as current as time allows i'm sending a shout out to vendors who've shown us R&D and development but have been dark for months.

GMPP Intake - I don't expect to hear much from them which is a shame the best info has been from TheGMPartsGuy.com thus far...

Cold Air Inductions Inc - What's going on brothers we've missed you we know rorymick helped you out but since then you've been dark on here.

Please note I wrote this thread before checking your sites but as your all sponsors on here I figured you deserved the shout out because we've heard nothing.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile

Last edited by Evil-Bee-NH; 03-09-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I'm gathering info from PMI on the new bolt on turbo. Still no new update as of Feb 15. Don't know if you want to include it on your list.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
I'm gathering info from PMI on the new bolt on turbo. Still no new update as of Feb 15. Don't know if you want to include it on your list.
Generally i'd add a lot more options to the list like all the BorgWarner turbos that we know fit to our LTG. However in the past when I added Non-Sponsors or Non-Active Camaro6.com parts the vendors don't either care or are afraid to come on the forum because their products ended up being crap. RPM is a great example of this so for the time being unless it's a major release from a well known reputable company i'll wait til they post or PM me myself. your all free to let them contact me on here or Instagram @nnecc_evilbee and i'll chat.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 03-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Generally i'd add a lot more options to the list like all the BorgWarner turbos that we know fit to our LTG. However in the past when I added Non-Sponsors or Non-Active Camaro6.com parts the vendors don't either care or are afraid to come on the forum because their products ended up being crap. RPM is a great example of this so for the time being unless it's a major release from a well known reputable company i'll wait til they post or PM me myself. your all free to let them contact me on here or Instagram @nnecc_evilbee and i'll chat.
I'll let you know how my conversation with the driveshaft shop goes once I get more details.

It's awesome we got so many guys willing to go the extra distance to get these parts in development... The turbos will be a force to be reckoned with very shortly
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Corner carver

Will also be contacting flywheel and clutch manufacturers for upgrades for us, but not alot of progress on this front yet.

Have been talking to a composite company too about some 'functional cosmetics'... But this hinges on other developments; I'll let you know how things progress! (always wanted to use this emoji lol)
Old 03-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Not looking to open old wounds... But what was the story with RPM?
Old 03-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Not looking to open old wounds... But what was the story with RPM?
I'm also curious on this because they're right down the road from me.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #8
Corner carver

Quote:
I've been enjoying their weekly video series in the 'Canada' region section...
Old 03-08-2017, 07:53 PM   #9
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Quote:
I believe they were a little shoddy on craftsmanship. Poor welds, paint application and fitment. I have no experience with them so that's just from some stories I have read on here and on fb.

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #10
ChrisG33

Drives: 2.0t Camaro
Evil-Bee-Nh how are RPM products crap?
ChrisG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
I believe they were a little shoddy on craftsmanship. Poor welds, paint application and fitment. I have no experience with them so that's just from some stories I have read on here and on fb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG33 View Post
Evil-Bee-Nh how are RPM products crap?
Exactly what he said they made an intake without any type of heat shield.... the few people who have gotten there tunes on here uave had poor reviews at best. I'll put it to you this way everyone on here knows me and ChicagoTommy don't often see eye to eye but i am willing to bet on RPM Motorsports we agree 100%.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #12
ChrisG33

Drives: 2.0t Camaro
Parts do look somewhat cheap give you that bu who are these so said people with poor tunes from RPM? I would like to know more about this because I've been doing my research and RPM's tuner Steve Kenniff is actually quiet know here locally in Phoenix not only on the LTGs but all other ecotec platforms.
ChrisG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:09 PM   #13
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Parts do look somewhat cheap give you that bu who are these so said people with poor tunes from RPM? I would like to know more about this because I've been doing my research and RPM's tuner Steve Kenniff is actually quiet know here locally in Phoenix not only on the LTGs but all other ecotec platforms.
There was another that got their charge pipes intake and tune on here but had major issues and returned/refund without any hassle which is good but speaks volumes about the quality and pride of their work. I was contacted by rickwelch69 on here not to long ago said the gains were crap and the virtual dyno was shady. I'm not bashing the tuner guy but the product the company has put out i'm absolutely flagging as cheap.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #14
DarkFangz1100

Quote:
I saw the same thing that's why i was curious.