Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #1
henrythomas

Drives: awrewt
Cool CAR Speakers.

Hi to all,

I have a 99 Cavalier, 2.2l l4. Nothing in this car is power, no power windows or locks. I'm in the process of attempting to take off the door panels to get to the speakers to replace them. I've gotten all the screws and clips off the door panel, so it is loose. all that needs to be done is have the window crank removed.
I've checked on many other websites, and they all say the same thing - use a long nose pliers to get behind the door panel and take out a little clip on the window crank, and it should come right off. but there's a problem..i cant see or reach the window crank from inside the door panel. any suggestions?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
FIREWOLFF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrythomas View Post
Hi to all,

I have a 99 Cavalier, 2.2l l4. Nothing in this car is power, no power windows or locks. I'm in the process of attempting to take off the door panels to get to the speakers to replace them. I've gotten all the screws and clips off the door panel, so it is loose. all that needs to be done is have the window crank removed.
I've checked on many other websites, and they all say the same thing - use a long nose pliers to get behind the door panel and take out a little clip on the window crank, and it should come right off. but there's a problem..i cant see or reach the window crank from inside the door panel. any suggestions?
Its best to buy a window crank removal tool....but if you want to cheat use a towel. Take the towel and work it back and forth in between the crank and the door panel until it grabs the clip and pulls it off. Be careful they become JESUS clips quickly. JESUS WHERE DID THAT DAMN THING GO!!!!!!! LOL. Hope this helps
Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
A window crank removal tool works well for those. Also the towel trick does work.

I had a 96 cavalier and did a lot of stereo mods to the car. The towel trick works pretty well. The clips will go launching. It turns from Jesus clips to where the f did that clip go.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote