Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-18-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
HP Tuners Torque Management Tables for M6

My tuner is an extreme busy dude when it comes to responding back to non-emergency inquiries so I figured I'd ask here just in case someone has gotten word on an ETA...

It seems to be consensus that a few tables are currently locked on the M6 causing weird issues with torque management during launch. Any word when these may be available to our tuners?
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
Getinthur

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Bump, we are having a hard time as well with my M6 ZL1. In fact somehow my launch control doesn't work since trying to tune out the torque managment.
Getinthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
i wonder if Livernois has any issues with this, they use a form of the OEM tuning system to develope their tunes. They have access to more tables than HPT or EFiLive.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
exxit

Rebumped... This seems to be a dormant issue considering a few of us are in the higher power ranges on the M6 platform and yet it's not a burning hot topic or well known at that.

I don't launch at 5k yet but It'd be nice to know if the torque tables are ****ing with me other than during launch.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
exxit

Been almost a year since I've been wrestling with this issue mentally.

Pretty certain I will be getting rid of the car regardless of losses (either stripped to stock or buttoned up) if things aren't solved by August. Time to cut my losses and move to a better platform. Too many damn pitfalls when trying to make power on a decent budget. Granted, retail, i'm already in for like 9k in performance mods and labor. I won't count the accessories (wrap, wheels, blah blah)... If i dumped 9k at a S550 M6 right now, I'd be making more power and not falling faceflat artificially lol. I should have done more reading before I got the manual but here we are!
Old 05-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Been almost a year since I've been wrestling with this issue mentally.

Pretty certain I will be getting rid of the car regardless of losses (either stripped to stock or buttoned up) if things aren't solved by August. Time to cut my losses and move to a better platform. Too many damn pitfalls when trying to make power on a decent budget. Granted, retail, i'm already in for like 9k in performance mods and labor. I won't count the accessories (wrap, wheels, blah blah)... If i dumped 9k at a S550 M6 right now, I'd be making more power and not falling faceflat artificially lol. I should have done more reading before I got the manual but here we are!
I don't know specifically if this will help or not, but there's a 3.7 beta version that's out. you have to send em an email and they'll send ya that version, but for torque management on the transmission side (automatics) the 3.7 beta has extra tables pertaining to that.

now does it have the same for manuals? I have ZERO clue, but it may be worth a call to HP tuners or email.

like said, I'm still learning/relearning the software, so I haven't delved into the 3.7 beta version yet. still on the 3.6.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #7
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
I don't know specifically if this will help or not, but there's a 3.7 beta version that's out. you have to send em an email and they'll send ya that version, but for torque management on the transmission side (automatics) the 3.7 beta has extra tables pertaining to that.

now does it have the same for manuals? I have ZERO clue, but it may be worth a call to HP tuners or email.

like said, I'm still learning/relearning the software, so I haven't delved into the 3.7 beta version yet. still on the 3.6.
I think I'm going to get in touch with HP for an update and update here.

Doesn't seem like ANY tuner gives a flying **** to follow up about it because either A (not too many manual straight line guys) or B their hands are tied until HP figures it out.

In the meantime, i feel REALLY bad for ZL1 dudes experiencing this bog with zero way to recover from it and a word from the designers saying "just launch it right and the nanny won't kick it" Lol -___________________- Ain't nothing "right" about flying out of the hole according to stock specs. Now add more power. I'm sure i've beat this horse well into its 2nd afterlife at this point. Until then, having fun creaming peeps with less power playing the reeling in game or just roll racing.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #8
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
I think I'm going to get in touch with HP for an update and update here.

Doesn't seem like ANY tuner gives a flying **** to follow up about it because either A (not too many manual straight line guys) or B their hands are tied until HP figures it out.

In the meantime, i feel REALLY bad for ZL1 dudes experiencing this bog with zero way to recover from it and a word from the designers saying "just launch it right and the nanny won't kick it" Lol -___________________- Ain't nothing "right" about flying out of the hole according to stock specs. Now add more power. I'm sure i've beat this horse well into its 2nd afterlife at this point. Until then, having fun creaming peeps with less power playing the reeling in game or just roll racing.
What did Hp Tuners say?

Last edited by Boost or bust; 05-11-2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #9
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I have hpt 3.7 and it doesn't have any torque management adjustment for the M6. You can disable skip shift and a couple other things... that is about it. My guess is this timing pull on the launch is on the ECM side anyway.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #10
exxit

For those that haven't seen it or think it is some sort of myth lol.

Shot email to HP, no reply yet.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #11
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Exxit,

Can you be specific on which tables are locked?
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:56 AM   #12
Root

Drives: Silverado, Camaro
There’s a thread that might help you find a potential solution.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493916

Seems these “tables” are not in the ECU for modification, but in the BCM and not accessible. But at the end of the dialogue there is a mention of type of solution that might work from LPE.

Hope this helps some.
Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #13
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root View Post
There’s a thread that might help you find a potential solution.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493916

Seems these “tables” are not in the ECU for modification, but in the BCM and not accessible. But at the end of the dialogue there is a mention of type of solution that might work from LPE.

Hope this helps some.
This seems to sound reasonable, however, has anyone tried this with any success? I don't think I've read about anyone curing the bog and offering their experience about it.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #14
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
Exxit,

Can you be specific on which tables are locked?
Sorry brother, my knowledge of the tables themselves is nill.

I just know from reading what others with more knowledge have said; "there is a torque table locked that shuts the throttle on launch"