Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #1
Highjumper

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
HELP Anyone done Multi-color pin hood stripes? Where to buy?

Hey guys, I'm in debate on mixing up the pin strip on my hood and trunk. I have a metallic gray 2010 Camaro SS with black stripes. I'm thinking about making the small pin stripe that goes around the big black stripe red. This would accent my SS badges, red brake calipers, supercharged badge, black and red after market wheels, etc. Not even sure it would look good. Would like to see a picture first. Done tons of searches on here found nothing.
So my questions are: Has anyone done this before? Is there a way to buy the small pin stripe without buying the entire big stripe? At the corner I noticed it has a built in corner that would be hard to do with just a roll of after market pin striping.
Thanks guys.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
2nd SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but these are painted on now. I used to have the vinyl white stripes and then tried a red pinstripe to see how it would look. Napa has the red pinstripes. I liked the way it looked, so when I had the stripes painted on I had the red pinstripe added in.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2018, 01:53 AM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
have a BVM coupe with silver hood/deck stripes.there is a straight red stripe that just goes up the hood on the inside of both.no corners,could be done with a roll of pinstripe tape.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:38 AM   #4
Highjumper

Thanks for the Photo

I like it! This is what I mean yes. I see you put the red pinstripe on the outside of the white little one. Didn't think of that. I was just thinking of taking the little one off and replace with red. I'll check Napa. Trying to find the all ready formed pin stripes.

[QUOTE=2nd SS;10050429]Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but these are painted on now. I used to have the vinyl white stripes and then tried a red pinstripe to see how it would look. Napa has the red pinstripes. I liked th
e way it looked, so when I had the stripes painted on I had the red pinstripe.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:40 AM   #5
Highjumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
have a BVM coupe with silver hood/deck stripes.there is a straight red stripe that just goes up the hood on the inside of both.no corners,could be done with a roll of pinstripe tape.
Any pictures? Sounds interesting.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #6
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
im not that good on the computer,but it looks good.very thin red stripes just on the inside of the large silver SS type stripes.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote