Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Suggestion: Vendor Threads

Any interest in requiring a price in the original post? Every time I try to go through those things a majority simply say "call us" or "visit our web page" (which then doesn't even have the price there). Not gonna call them cause if the price was reasonable they would have posted it to begin with. If it was enforced I think it would be a lot more useful to the user base. Just my $0.02.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
BUMP!?

Any type of feedback on this would be appreciated. Even if it's telling me, "thanks but no thanks".

There is a new thread semi-related to the topic so I must not be alone in this sentiment:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62572
Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
If they give prices or PM you prices it gets used against them for price matching. Vendors usually end up losing business that way.

I prefer to stick with the ones who follow up on their threads and answer questions for us here...

I avoid the ones that simply throw out an item and a number and say call me and never come back to the thread.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If they give prices or PM you prices it gets used against them for price matching. Vendors usually end up losing business that way.

I prefer to stick with the ones who follow up on their threads and answer questions for us here...

I avoid the ones that simply throw out an item and a number and say call me and never come back to the thread.
+1000
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

This is my own personal approach and the approach I would suggest that members take as well.

As for requiring prices to be mentioned in the threads, that's up to the vendors and not something we're going to require and enforce, sorry. Again, if you don't like it that a specific vendor is not mentioning pricing or is requiring that you contact them for more info/pricing, then it's your perogative to not buy from them. In my opinion, the vendors who don't post prices or require people to contact them for pricing are only hurting themselves.

Closed Thread