Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
New Droid and Handsfree...

Ok... when I first got my Camaro back in June I setup my old LG phone with the bluetooth. When I pushed the Onstar Phone button on the rearview mirror it knew to use my bluetooth cell phone and NOT the Onstar cell phone... I did find that it didn't work all that good so I unpaired it...

Well, yesterday I bough a new Motorola Droid. I paired it up no problem... But however when I try to use the handsfree calling it doesn't use my Droid... it tries to use the OnStar phone.. ARGH!!! I can however hit the "Phone" button on the Radio and manual put in the phone number that way and it works fine... That wouldn't be bad but when I went over to Phone book it said no Phone Book was available...

help! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
I have my droid paired also..but when I want to use the bluetooh, I push the speak button on the steering wheel and say "Bluetooth".

I cant access my phonebook via bluetooh either, or the voice command, which accesses your contacts and uses your phone voice recognition software.
HaZe_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
I have my droid paired also..but when I want to use the bluetooh, I push the speak button on the steering wheel and say "Bluetooth".

I cant access my phonebook via bluetooh either, or the voice command, which accesses your contacts and uses your phone voice recognition software.
D'oah! That's what I was missing! I was pushing the phone button on the mirror! Need to use the phone button on the steering wheel!

I only call a couple of people so I simply stored their numbers in the car so I can voice dial just using the car's voice recognition.. which is really not all that good... but like I said I only need a couple of numbers!

thanks!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
You can push the steering wheel button and it will say "ready". You just say the name of the person you want to call and it will ask you if you want to phone that person, you answer "yes" and it dials the number. I never need to tell it to use the bluetooth or anthing else. Have you tried that?

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
You can push the steering wheel button and it will say "ready". You just say the name of the person you want to call and it will ask you if you want to phone that person, you answer "yes" and it dials the number. I never need to tell it to use the bluetooth or anthing else. Have you tried that?

-Mark.
Yeah... once I realized I need to use the steering wheel button NOT the rear view mirror button I was all set! LOL