Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
WANTED: How to Remove Headrests

I am installing some Wet Okole seat covers and need the "trick" to removing the head rests (so they can be reinstalled). Good site! and thanks in advance.
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
if you hold the tab at the top of the seat where you make the headrest go back down, you can pull it all the way out.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
if you hold the tab at the top of the seat where you make the headrest go back down, you can pull it all the way out.
That's what I thought, it may need some more umph, I've pulled and tugged and didn't want to break anything, so I may have been too gentle. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Didn't know if there might be a detent or something like that.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
That's what I thought, it may need some more umph, I've pulled and tugged and didn't want to break anything, so I may have been too gentle. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Didn't know if there might be a detent or something like that.
2 Hour Job, 30 minutes of install and the rest of the time looking for the button and tugging on the headrests. There are actually two buttons. On one post (curb side on both headrests) there is the button to make the headrest go down and on the other post (drivers side on both posts) is a button that you can remove the headrests. All four buttons are on the curb side of the posts. Anyway, done. I'll keep reading for my next "project".
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
Old 01-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Lightson357

Drives: 2012 45th Edition Convertible RS
Lightson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
firesquirt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Any idea how to remove the fron seats, my passenger side seat adjuster is broken and I cant get the seat removed
firesquirt is offline   Reply With Quote