Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
McBain
The Normandy

Drives: Black 2LT-RS
Recomended dealerships near Austin TX

Hey all,

just wanted to say first off that this site is filled with awesome people. I've been reading and absorbing all the great opinions and information I can for the past several months. Thank you, sincerely.

And now the time is almost upon me.

I will be in the market most likely within the next 4-8 weeks. I really can't see myself buying off the lot, I know what I want...well almost. I was wondering if any one in or around the Austin area can recommend or warn me off a dealer. Honestly everyone talks so highly of Camaro Scotty that I was half way entertaining the idea of flying out there to buy a car.

Also, I read on another thread that there are additional cost to ordering a car? Because price is an issue (I think I could stretch for a 2SS, but haven't made my final decision as the LT owners have made a fine case for their rides) If I went with a 2SS, I don't know how much further I would feel comfortable extending that price tag.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
There are no additional costs to ordering a car at all - and its a great way to get the car YOU want.

Email me what you want - I can put a price together....if someone sends you a better one, let me know, I have nothing but time to beat it! Or I can ship it to your front door.

I just had a car delivered to TX, and have another order in the works. It's a pain free process!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
McBain
The Normandy

What about financing? I will most likely have 10k to put down. Maybe a bit more.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:40 AM   #4
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Not trying to block you out, Scotty, but we've got a dealer in Austin that has been GREAT to my family. Go to henna at 183 and 35 and ask for carter hendricks. My dad has bought 3 corvettes and a camaro through this dealer and my current order is through them. GREAT place and even greater people. Great warranty work as well. If you'd like carters email I'll be happy to give it to you. Good luck, dude!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
Dforce0990
Deployed Again.

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs iom
Send a message via AIM to Dforce0990 Send a message via Yahoo to Dforce0990 Send a message via Skype™ to Dforce0990
my wife works at Don Ringler Chevrolet in Temple, they've def been more than helpful with me, and they have explained in detail the answers to every question i have had, if they didnt know the answer they found the answer and called me back in a timely manner. If your still looking give them a call, their staff will help ya, and a quick bit of info they haven't ordered a camaro in 2 months meaning they have allotments. haha, wife passed that along to me. PM me if you'd like the number and her name. Good luck finding the answers to your questions!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM Int. #191,037 Welcome Home "Kayla"!

"...But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Last edited by Dforce0990; 02-02-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: editing
Dforce0990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
McBain-
I live in Cedar Park, just north of Austin near 1431 and 35. I would HIGHLY recommend you hook up with SS-Eric at Classic Chevrolet on this site. I would also recommend you check out Amplify Credit Union for your financing.

I ordered my car from Eric in Grapevine (near Dallas) on the 24th of Nov and just brought her home last Friday. I also used Amplify for my financing and Preferred pricing discount. My deal could not have been easier or more pain free.

When your car arrives, rent a car from Hertz, drive to Grapevine, return the car to Hertz at the Gaylord Hotel, then drive back to Austin. You wont regret it.

Whatever you decide to do, I would use the dealers listed on this site however. In my quest for a camaro I looked at the Austin dealers and was not impressed what so ever. From market adjustments to general cluelessness on pricing/incentive programs I would avoid.
Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
McBain
The Normandy

Thank you all for the suggestions.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
You have Classic Chevrolet close by.

My dealership is in south Texas, McAllen area if you can't get ahold of them
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
hi!

tim jones @ covert chevy hutto took care of me!

msrp of course!

not sure on current allocation though.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahart04 View Post
hi!

tim jones @ covert chevy hutto took care of me!

msrp of course!

not sure on current allocation though.
I talked to Covert and was not impressed by them. They didnt know anything about allocation, didnt accept discounts and when I pressed him about the discounts (supplier, USAA and GM satisfaction) he said they could only take one not all three. They did not earn my business.
Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
There are no additional costs to ordering a car at all - and its a great way to get the car YOU want.

Email me what you want - I can put a price together....if someone sends you a better one, let me know, I have nothing but time to beat it! Or I can ship it to your front door.

I just had a car delivered to TX, and have another order in the works. It's a pain free process!

CamaroScotty is a GREAT option anywhere in the US. If you're hell bent on buying from a TX dealer, there really is nowhere else I'd recommend other than SS_Eric at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
chrisx66

Drives: 66 Chevelle 8:02 @174
Try James Woods Chevrolet in Decatur its around 200 miles from Austin. I picked mine up there on Saturday. They accepted all the discount and gave me $2600 more for my trade than any local dealer. Ask for Karen Pattison.
chrisx66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
McBain
The Normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
CamaroScotty is a GREAT option anywhere in the US. If you're hell bent on buying from a TX dealer, there really is nowhere else I'd recommend other than SS_Eric at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine.
Hell bent? No. Scotty and anther dealer PM'd me. Scotty was quick and informative. The other guy, well, I'm still waiting. My main hang up with shipping is getting a dirty new car. And no, the wife won't let me drive it home from 1400 miles away (lame).
Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #14
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
I found the car I wanted in Dallas @ Friendly Chevrolet. I looked around Austin and none of the dealers had what I wanted. Capital was pathetic. Don Hewitt in Georgetown was helpful. Knew about discounts, etc... Bought my wife's Mustang from Covert Ford last year and they were great. No experience with Henna.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote