Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #169
Fat_Tire_Custom

Drives: 1972 Rally Sport, 2010 RS/SS
I absolutely love the car as is, but there are a few inexpensive changes that could make it even better:

auto climate control,
seat memory including auto exit mode,
rearview mirror memory,
homelink buttons that are easier to find in the dark.

I love the interior in my 2SS/RS and wouldn't change a thing. Fancy wood grain, flashy chrome strips etc do not belong in a Camaro.

Last edited by Fat_Tire_Custom; 02-23-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: additional info
Fat_Tire_Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #170
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
First I want to say that I love the new Camaro it's the best car I have EVER owned. The only thing's I would like to see to improve it would be a hud built in like the Corvette that you can see on the windshield. And of course a new Z-28 Camaro with at least a 560 horsepower engine similar to the Cadillac CTS-V engine maybe. Other than that it is perfect. Maybe update the engine horsepower every year too for the SS and v6's. Maybe make the Z-28 a little lighter too and maybe add track pack as an option. Other than that it is perfect and is the best car and thanks to GM for hearing our thoughts on the Camaro and all the GREAT employees and workers in Oshawa at the plant.
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #171
Black_2SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HotWheels Edition
Love my camaro, only a few minor changes that I would like.

Finish the lighting like the concept (and send me the upgrade kit) for crying out loud
Move the cup holders, or include a straw, cause mine is always filling w/ liquid
Adjustable seat belt, mine hits is a really weird way on my neck
Interior lighting (lights on the bottom of the mirror for both sides and back seat lighting to see to slap the kids)
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #172
camaro1324

Drives: none
1) Lose weight.

2) Bigger engine for competitors such as Ford and Dodge. ( rumors of a 6.4L Hemi for the Challenger)
camaro1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #173
Victory1

Drives: 2010 RJT, 2012 Sierra 4x4, 89 RJT
Absolutely love my Camaro, but there are a few minor annoyances that could be addressed:

1) Move the cup holders back - a pain rowing those gears with a drink in the holder.
2) Larger Trunk Opening - so its easier getting golf clubs in and out
3) Illuminated light for the garage door opener - a pain trying to find in the dark
4) Greater range on the garage door opener - almost have to be directly in front
of the garage door before it senses the opener
Victory1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #174
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
I would like to be added to list of lighting the homelink buttons.
I not only have problems finding them at night, I can't find them during the day.

I would like to see exhaust tip options for the ground effects. I would pay a little extra to get exhaust tips that form well with the ground effects exhaust port.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #175
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
I would imagine it is too late to get any of these suggestions on the 2011.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #176
vetteman

Drives: vette
Overall its a great car for the price!

1. Nav system
2. Hud
3 - extend seat belt buckles in rear as they are too low to use easily with booster seats. Almost impossible to buckle boosters in
4 - whole center console (shifter for auto etc) looks like Wal Mart
vetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #177
awh3r

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1
Request

I had a 1972 SS Chevelle with the induction hood similar to the 2010 camaro. When sitting in the Chevelle you are looking directly into the raised hood. The Chevelle had hide-a-way windsheild wipers that dropped out of view of the hood. Would hide-a-way wipers for the camaro be an option or lowering the wiper blades so the hood is more visible?
awh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #178
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
More outward movement on the telescopic column. Mine is all the way out and my hand feels uncomfortable in the position its in. My seat isn't all the way back but my recliner is tilted back cause I'm tall. Driving staight armed isn't cool for me.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #179
ramairjohn2000

Drives: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
as a current owner of a 2000 trans am ws6 and a potential future camaro owner I will offer my opinion:
I need to be swayed from buying a used vette or a new camaro, and these are my concerns for the money I would spend on a new camaro is:
-the interior fit and finish make it more like g8
-must have HUD, I know this from trac racing my can currently and having driven the vettes on a true road course this is a must
-better tech option upgrades for ipod, nav, bluetooth, etc.
-give me a better handling package from the factory that i can option out, with a warranty
-upgraded rotor options
-please make the mail slot functional
otherwise the power and drivetrain seems to be awesome
also, please better paint quality, if hyundai can do it so can gm!!!
ramairjohn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #180
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
I want a CTS-V (drivetrain and interior) with a Camaro body.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #181
qwikbarton

Drives: 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5
Smile Specific New Suggestion & Some Endorsements

First, thank you so much GM for listening. To set the stage, I think I represent some of the new customers you are trying to attract... I love beauty and performance but also luxury and refinement. I love the Infinity G37 for it's refinement and read good things about the Ford Mustang as well. I read every car mag monthly and websites almost daily.

I've been obsessing over the Camaro for nearly a year. Right now I'm planning to buy the Camaro as soon as the '11 comes out, as the best looking car (unquestionably) with the best performance (C&D Lightning Lap is impressive compared to anything close in cost), but test drives could change my mind. Ford's interior is reportedly much more livable and with their new engines, performance is going to be really a tough match. Things I'd like to see in the Camaro to keep it first on my list include:

1. Usable dual front/side sun visors with a pull out extender for the side window. My '02 Toyota Tundra SR5 ($20K new) has them and I cannot understand why any vehicle would not at this point. They are fantastic, yet even my wife's Lexus doesn't have them. Being able to adequately block sun glare from both front and side is wonderful! A pet peeve of mine since it seems so simple and cheap. Include a lit cosmetics mirror for the ladies (my 20K Toyota has this, too).

2. Improved interior materials with more "pop" and contrast. If you can do it on the Malibu and Equinox, you can do it on the Camaro! I disagree with the guy who was against wood grain in a Camaro. Expand your brain...I'd love to see an Executive edition (and I loved the Dusk version too) that offers luxury.

3. Height adjustable power seats for both driver & passenger. Preferably with memory settings.

4. Dramatically improved interior lighting. Ambient lighting & convenience lighting are both critical for livability and for attracting crossover buyers from Infinity & Ford.

5. Don't change the exterior except better paint (I'm getting concerned reading these posts to the extent that it could make me take a closer look at the Mustang), and maybe a sleeker grille option with just horizontal instead of waffle patterning (in black, aluminum or chrome colors).

6. More wheel options that aren't outrageously expensive. I love the wheels from the Pontiac G8 GXP, for example. They look more modern, light and sporty instead of old school muscle.

7. "Track Pak" that will equal or beat Mustang for nimbleness without completely ruining the ride.

8. Finally, although I know a lot of the muscle car guys like the noise, I do not and I don't think most car buyers do. Make the car even quieter.

9. When the Z28 comes out, please offer an automatic version! Some of us lazy &/or commuter victim types still want the speed (it shouldn't be just for track fanatics)!

Thanks!
qwikbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #182
Andy45422

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
Camaro Suggestions

1) more exterior color selections like a bright orange, anniversary gold, marina blue, dark green..etc
2)bring back the nostalgic feel with necessary colors and accessories like the blue bow ties and retro rally wheels. 3)Also PAINT on the stripes correctly going over the mail slot and over the rear spoiler.
4) RED leather interior
5) make the orange interior as solid like the old pace car was instead of having majority being black
6) offer the remote start/ FOB technology like the new corvettes
7) allow buyers to select the cheapest wheel option (6 cyl option) even when buying an SS. try to make all options universal across all models (within reason)
Andy45422 is offline   Reply With Quote