Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
Cimag
Spaniard

Drives: Jeep GC09
CARS and not only cars

What do I mean with this? Let me introduce myself so this makes sense.
I'm a Spaniard who has been transferred by my company in Spain to Colorado, and one of the great things I found in this country is that you guys still have cars that feel like cars, not the freeway rollers we have back in Europe.
Of course there are reasons why things are different there, very high taxes on cars, fuel twice as expensive as here, an unlimited political correctness,... but if you want a real car you have to go for a $70k Porsche, you can't find machines like the Camaro or the Mustang (excuse the mention).
Hopefully sooner than later I'll make good use of this opportunity and get myself a Camaro, next month maybe? 2LT or 2SS, I haven't figured it out yet, in the morning I'm firmly convinced that what makes sense for me is the V6, and in the night I've decided what the h... get the V8 (I'm not asking for opinions, there are plenty of threads about it). It seems to be easier to find a 2SS, the Medved guys here in Denver have 38!!! and just a couple of 2LT.
Are dealers stocking for spring time? Is people holding orders for the 2011 model?
Anyway, enjoy your Camaros because one of these days you could get tranferred to France and you'll find yourself on a 2 Ton diesel enjoying 12 airbags and 7 courtesy mirrors.
Speed limits here however... that's a different story.
Cimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Well, welcome to the USA. Unfortunately, if things under our current administration continue, you won't be able to buy a reasonably priced V8 musclecar in the near future. Even if "cheap" musclecars are not legislated into extinction, our morons in Washington will see to it that gas costs 8 bucks a gallon, just so you won't bother to even try driving a V8. Of course, you might die of some strange illness under the new healthcare plan before you have a chance to do so...so I guess it makes no difference, right?