Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
redZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Conv.
About to buy a TVS2300, any catches?

I plan to ink a deal on a TVS2300 tomorrow.

There are several distributors that are all happy to match their competitors prices. Are there any catches that I need to lookout for between the vendors, such as different vintages of the magnuson hardware, hardware/firmware updates (especially for the tune), or anything else?

None of the vendors are near me, so I don't expect much impact in regards to the "service after the sale". Therefore, my plan is to decide solely on price.
redZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
racingray68
racingray

Drives: 1968 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by redZ28 View Post
I plan to ink a deal on a TVS230 tomorrow.

There are several distributors that are all happy to match their competitors prices. Are there any catches that I need to lookout for between the vendors, such as different vintages of the magnuson hardware, hardware/firmware updates (especially for the tune), or anything else?

None of the vendors are near me, so I don't expect much impact in regards to the "service after the sale". Therefore, my plan is to decide solely on price.
buy from Texas Speed, I paid cash and got a really good deal.
racingray68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
You could not be more wrong about getting service after the sale or your need for it. The Maggie is just your first step......after it is installed, You will have a lot of questions.....you will find that the one that sold it to you will have the most invested in givingnyou good information. Believe me.....I bought from Jannetty racing.....they were a couple bucks more than the lowest price one I found but the customer service after the sale and the money I saved on tunes and accessories made all the difference in the world. One of the biggest things you need to ask is if u are getting the tuner kit or the full kit that comes with the programmer.....you should also spec out whether you will go with the 3.4 3.6 or 3.8 pulley. The pulleys are about 75-bucks if you decide to change afterward. Good luck.....I hope this helps you........be sure to check on whether they have them in stock also.....there was a dry spell for a while and some were selling units that were backordered......make sure to give Jannetty racing a call
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
You could not be more wrong about getting service after the sale or your need for it. The Maggie is just your first step......after it is installed, You will have a lot of questions.....you will find that the one that sold it to you will have the most invested in givingnyou good information. Believe me.....I bought from Jannetty racing.....they were a couple bucks more than the lowest price one I found but the customer service after the sale and the money I saved on tunes and accessories made all the difference in the world. One of the biggest things you need to ask is if u are getting the tuner kit or the full kit that comes with the programmer.....you should also spec out whether you will go with the 3.4 3.6 or 3.8 pulley. The pulleys are about 75-bucks if you decide to change afterward. Good luck.....I hope this helps you........be sure to check on whether they have them in stock also.....there was a dry spell for a while and some were selling units that were backordered......make sure to give Jannetty racing a call
This is such an important point not to be a penny wise and a dollar foolish. The CS you get from a reputable company does not come free. They have spent a lot of money to gain that. You only pay a fraction of it. Like the above poster said, concentrate on the quality of the shop than getting a cheaper price. You get what you pay for.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
This is such an important point not to be a penny wise and a dollar foolish. The CS you get from a reputable company does not come free. They have spent a lot of money to gain that. You only pay a fraction of it. Like the above poster said, concentrate on the quality of the shop than getting a cheaper price. You get what you pay for.
Amen Bothers.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Are there shops that Magna Charger certifies? I mean, I am getting ready to buy a Maggie and I want to make absolutely sure that it is installed properly and that the tune is as good as it can be. It would be nice if Magna Charger had "Certified Installer" status for certain shops so that those of us who are new to this stuff can have confidence that it's being done right.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Are there shops that Magna Charger certifies? I mean, I am getting ready to buy a Maggie and I want to make absolutely sure that it is installed properly and that the tune is as good as it can be. It would be nice if Magna Charger had "Certified Installer" status for certain shops so that those of us who are new to this stuff can have confidence that it's being done right.
That is Not a Bad Idea, I am sure Blown Chevy is reading this and may consider it.

I am sure he would be proud to make us Jannetty Racing one of those Certified installers, since we have done so many Magnachargers for so many years and the results speak for themselves.

I would be happy to provide you guys with Magnachargers at a Fair Price and Service After the Sale Not just a Low Price and See you later.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Ted:
Thanks for your comment.

By the way, I also want to thank you for all the help you gave me with info via email last week. I haven't replied about the next step in the process yet because I'm considering a Maggie (and maybe a cam) before I decide if I want the car tuned again. I'm just on the fence about the cam. I want to be very careful about making such big changes to the motor. I especially want to be careful about who does the work.

I will email you soon for info (including a quote) and maybe an appointment. You've been very helpful and kind. Much appreciated.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
There are shops we Authorize, just call me tomorrow and we can discuss it if you would like. FYI, Every sponsor on this site that sells our product is Authorized to sell and install. We expect each and every one of them to handle the customer after the sale.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
redZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Conv.
This is a great forum. I have received quite a few friendly pm's with wise warnings about the need for custumer service after the sale. I certainly am aware of penny wise, dollar foolish concept.

Here's my thoughts about the lowest bidder approach-
1. This forum is a wealth of information regarding the install process and steps
2. I feel comfortable with my ability to successfully install the Maggie, based on the instructions
3. The biggest chance of failure seems to be the tune. If I have troubles with the tune, I can just trailer the Camaro to a local shop (I know there are reputable shops nearby).
4. The cost difference is significant, over $1000 cheaper for the hardware than the prices observed on the websites of the "Cadillac" shops.

Do you guys still think I am messing up, even considering the above? I have not made up my mind- still open to reason.
redZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #11
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
the money is yours....you can do whatever you want......Just from my experience, the bigger "cadillac" companies are the ones who get the units at a better price because of the quantities that they buy. The have better leverage. Im not sure how some companies can offer lower prices than the ones who do the most business with magnuson. However I am sure that when i send a message to the guys i bought mine from, they act like i am not asking stupid questions and talk me through any issue until i understand it. You are just buying a supercharger now.....when you get it, you will soon find that the CAI that you have may or may not work with the maggie. You may also find that the intake tube from you cai does no allow the sensor to "see" deep enuf into the tube to get an accurate reading to be able to effectively tune it. You may also figure that after installing the supercharger, you have left a good 40-50 hp on the table because you didnt install long tube headers....now you are running lean in the high rpms, you are low on fuel pressure/flow and your boost has dropped by 1-2 psi...............Who do you call now? Who is going to get you a good deal and cheaper tunes on these new additions? Turns out that the supercharger is just beginning......choose the supplier carefully for as much as you are spending in the long run, its best to build a good solid relationship with a company that can see you through to the end.........which oddly may not always be the "cheapest" way to go...... but i guess if you wanted cheap, you probably would have bought a KIA!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.

Last edited by BlownSS; 06-06-2010 at 08:35 PM.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #12
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
This is going to be a great thread!

Can't wait to see the end
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
This is going to be a great thread!

Can't wait to see the end
YUP
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #14
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Give us a call, we've sold over 10 systems in the last month. I have several systems in stock & we offer awesome pricing & support.
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote