Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 06-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
One thing you wish you could change about the 4th gen

If you could, what would be the one thing you would change about this car?

Me personally, I wish I could do something about that back bumper. It's just so bleh, you know? Other than that, I love pretty much everything about the car.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
i dont mind the bumper. looks good going down a drag strip. the firebird has more of a modern bumper tho. one thing i would change? hm... the squicks. i wish it had a better fit. maybe fix up the interior a little bit. just a bit cos i dont mind the interior either. i wish the head lights on the early 4th gens looks less slaped on. i wish they put more attention to detail. only minor changes. i wish they put the 3.8 and the ls1 engines in the earlier 4th gens too. thats about it :-P
Old 06-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
I wish the headlights were better. The low beams suck... especially in the rain or fog. Just another good reason to only drive it on sunny days
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
I wish it didn't attract the females so hardcore. I've had this one girl who's come out to a few of my shows and she added me on facebook and she keeps messaging me telling me she's going to steal my camaro lol. Then she drops the little flirty stuff too like "you could be nice and take me for a ride". It's great and all, only problem is I've had a gf for 4 years and she knows my facebook login lol. I'm having trouble keeping up with the messages since I have to delete them.

But in all seriousness, my only gripe so far is that my speakers rattle and the blindspots seem a little big, but I'm still getting used to the car overall, and these are both things that can be fixed, and I also kinda wish my interior was 1 color, a matte, clothy black, but other than that I have no complaints
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
DarthNacho08
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1999 camaro
Send a message via AIM to DarthNacho08
I wish they hadn't gone out of production in 2002
DarthNacho08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotowns Finest View Post
I wish it didn't attract the females so hardcore. I've had this one girl who's come out to a few of my shows and she added me on facebook and she keeps messaging me telling me she's going to steal my camaro lol. Then she drops the little flirty stuff too like "you could be nice and take me for a ride". It's great and all, only problem is I've had a gf for 4 years and she knows my facebook login lol. I'm having trouble keeping up with the messages since I have to delete them.

But in all seriousness, my only gripe so far is that my speakers rattle and the blindspots seem a little big, but I'm still getting used to the car overall, and these are both things that can be fixed, and I also kinda wish my interior was 1 color, a matte, clothy black, but other than that I have no complaints
LOL doesn't sound too bad!

Dude blind spots though?? I have yet to drive a car with better visibility- the cabin is virtually a glass bubble with a couple small pillars. Wait till you get into a 5th gen, THAT car has some blind spots...

But I would probably change the fuel pump assembly, I hate that obnoxious pinging vibration it makes at certain RPMs.... Aside from that, leave her alone, she's beautiful!

Edit: Helmin's right, the headlights aren't too strong in the way of function...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
305pride

Quote:

blind spots? i have those little blind spot mirrors and i could see everything. and the low beams do suck
Old 06-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
I would crease the curves. The car is too rounded, looks like a bubble to me.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #9
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
They did that.

It's called a generation 3

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 06-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #10
305pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
thats why we call it the ol roundy camaro. lol and i dont like that mold on the door that is there for when other doors or shopping carts run into your door. it looks ugly. and the crease that is on the front that is in between the head lights and the fog lamps
Old 06-17-2010, 02:20 AM   #11
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

What I mean by blindspots is the sideview mirrors, but it probably doesn't help I'm always screwing with them, and like I said, I could get little mirrors for it like 305 has.

And yes Revo, I totally agree with the glass bubble thing, the very first time I backed out in my camaro I looked over my shoulder and nearly shit because of how much I could see. And I know what your talking about with the 5th gens, I sat in one at a car show and it seems as if the windows are much more narrow compared to the 4th gen, all the more reason to wait for the convertable version I say.

Oh and I forgot to mention the lack of a rear defrost. That's really going to piss me off when it get colder
Old 06-17-2010, 02:33 AM   #12
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
What I mean by blindspots is the sideview mirrors, but it probably doesn't help I'm always screwing with them, and like I said, I could get little mirrors for it like 305 has.

And yes Revo, I totally agree with the glass bubble thing, the very first time I backed out in my camaro I looked over my shoulder and nearly shit because of how much I could see. And I know what your talking about with the 5th gens, I sat in one at a car show and it seems as if the windows are much more narrow compared to the 4th gen, all the more reason to wait for the convertable version I say.

Oh and I forgot to mention the lack of a rear defrost. That's really going to piss me off when it get colder
Oh I gotcha, yeah the mirrors are a bit small... My car has defrosters, but my tint's going bad, pretty sure I'm gonna lose the defrosters when I get her re-tinted :(

Old 06-17-2010, 03:38 AM   #13
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Oh I gotcha, yeah the mirrors are a bit small... My car has defrosters, but my tint's going bad, pretty sure I'm gonna lose the defrosters when I get her re-tinted :(
Ok well consider this: how about you mail me you're entire rear window and defrost system, and I'll mail you my rear window. That way I get defrost and you could tint the window to hell if you wanted to, and not worry about frying the defrost
Old 06-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #14
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Maybe it is just me, but from a distance I think I see a Gen 4 camaro, and it is a Chrysler Sebring.

So I would say something to make it not look like the Sebring.