Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
baumy2eagle
Baumy2eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 96 GMC Jimmy
Send a message via Yahoo to baumy2eagle
having to register a bicycle

So on my morning show today, I had a lady call in complaining about her son getting stopped by police and given a ticket for not registering his bicycle. I thought that was kinda weird as I have never heard of that law before. So a little later in my show I got on air and asked if residents have heard of this law, the first caller was an older woman, she first interrupted me mid sentence which I thought, oh lord here we go, she asked where I was from and I told her Ohio, "well I'm from Texas and we have always had this law, so I just knew you were from out of state" ok whatever, then I asked her the reason to register a bike, she said "cuz all these illegals steal them, I then asked her oh so it's illegals that steal bikes, she says "well it's the foreigners too", I said So your saying illegals and foreigners are the only ones that steal bikes, she said yea. lol....I told her that was a little racist, and she said well why do you have to get all huffy about it I pay taxes.... theres your sign....stupid stupid lady.....I can't believe what some people think these days
do you have a similiar law in your state or town?????
4200- 9/09/09
Brian Dean Baumgartner
voice over artist for movie trailers
imaging and liners for music
KIXS 108 Morning Show
http://www.myspace.com/baumy2eagleproductions

http://www.kixs.com
baumy2eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Well I don't think so, if I do I'm in trouble because between my kids, wife, and I we have about a dozen bikes.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I don't think they have that law in RI.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I do not think we do in good old OHIO!!!

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
8ty8 ls1
Resident Engineer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 1988 GMC S-15
nope not in jersey...

12.68 @ 109: LSR cai, Borla S-type axle-back, Tunes
8ty8 ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Not in Iowa, that's for sure. What a weird law...
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Bicyclists here in Boston feel they own the road and allow motorists to share

I realize that it's 'just a bicycle', but in recent years these people have so taken advantage of every angle that it's ridiculous. There are f'ing bicycle lanes on already crowded roads, I'm not even sure if they have to obey the rules of the road any more (not that one in 100 does obey), and bicyclists brazenly cut cars and trucks off and then the rider acts indignant if anyone honks or complains.

I have to pay excise tax, gasoline tax, and insurance. Bicyclists get to use the roads for no additional costs here, and they use the roads poorly and without any regard for anyone, often including themselves. A bike rider got killed a couple miles from where I type this, just two months ago, by a trolley. It was, by witness' accounts, not the trolley's fault- the bicyclist put himself in the position

I don't think a children's mode of transportation should be restricted, but something needs to be done about the holier-than-thou selfish and cavalier bicyclists who view this city as their own person tour de France, and disrupt traffic, cause cars to avoid them, and generally louse up things. The bicycle riders here, taken as a whole, are irresponsible. I'd love to see them pay a fee; they are demanding equal use of roads I pay for more than they do...but I don't think that's a law here, either
Old 07-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post

I realize that it's 'just a bicycle', but in recent years these people have so taken advantage of every angle that it's ridiculous. There are f'ing bicycle lanes on already crowded roads, I'm not even sure if they have to obey the rules of the road any more (not that one in 100 does obey), and bicyclists brazenly cut cars and trucks off and then the rider acts indignant if anyone honks or complains.

I have to pay excise tax, gasoline tax, and insurance. Bicyclists get to use the roads for no additional costs here, and they use the roads poorly and without any regard for anyone, often including themselves. A bike rider got killed a couple miles from where I type this, just two months ago, by a trolley. It was, by witness' accounts, not the trolley's fault- the bicyclist put himself in the position

I don't think a children's mode of transportation should be restricted, but something needs to be done about the holier-than-thou selfish and cavalier bicyclists who view this city as their own person tour de France, and disrupt traffic, cause cars to avoid them, and generally louse up things. The bicycle riders here, taken as a whole, are irresponsible. I'd love to see them pay a fee; they are demanding equal use of roads I pay for more than they do...but I don't think that's a law here, either
They're the same damn way here in Socal. A stopsign means STOP!
Old 07-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
They're the same damn way here in Socal. A stopsign means STOP!

So if I hit 'em it's their own damn fault!!

Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #10
longbeachss2010

Drives: black SS
well here in so cal . we dont have to regis. the bikes but few kids do its free from the police office or firefighter. i did it but is not if they steal my bike im gana find it again. paint the bike different color and cover up the vin number of the bike. if the lady is saying illegal steal bikes. why would i wana steal. oh yea im a illegal with a camaro park outside my driveway. this is how we do it in cali
longbeachss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #11
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
To the best of my knowledge, in Texas, there is no law requiring it, but most police departments will register a bicycle as a courtesy. This helps them recover a bike if stolen. They are not going to stop every bike they see to check it, but if there is a description and a possible sighting, they will check it out... and if the bike is registered, there is no denying who the legal owner is... They will actually use number stamps and stamp a registration number on the bike based on local records. I've helped do this at Police Department Sponsored bicycle rodeos.

It amazes me in this day and age the stupidity that still prevails in regards to race creed or color... etc...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #12
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post

Don't come to Madison, Wisconsin. It's even worse here. If you park, open your door, and a biker hits you while you are getting out, you get a ticket for obstructing the biker's path.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #13
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Those laws have been around forever but not enforced unless they want to.
Same with riding a bicycle on a sidewalk is illegal but rarley enforced.

Why, bicycles come DOT approved for road use.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:16 AM   #14
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Thats dumb. Just a way to get a little more money out of your pocket. In Louisville, bikes are considered a vehicle and therefore it is illegal to ride on a sidewalk. You have to be on the street and obey traffic laws but they have been adding special "Bike Lanes" all over the city so you don't have to be completely in traffic.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote