Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Is there a way to find out if a dealer REALLY has allocation?

Is there a way to find out if a dealer who says he has allocation, really has it?
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Hot Rod

Drives: 99' Honda Civic
I go to chevrolet.com and use the locate function at the top. It's pretty accurate and once the car sells you no longer have access to the "Window Sticker"
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I am right there with you buddy....smoke and mirrors here in Orlando too
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Just ask the dealer to show you his weekly "final allocation" report.

Pretty simple.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
BilJ

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
FWIW - I ordered a 1LT on May 7 and was assured by the dealer that they had an allocation for my car. Even after many, many calls to the dealer, my order stayed at 1100 until June 9, at which time I called GM customer service and was told that the dealer did not yet have an allocation. After being confronted with that info, the dealer finally stated that he did not have an allocation until the first week of July. On June 10, I cancelled my original order and placed an order with another dealer. My new order went to 3800 and was produced this Monday and is now ready to be shipped. My first order on May 7 is still at the 1100 status as of this date. BTW, the first dealer refused to return my deposit. Just sayin.
BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ View Post
BTW, the first dealer refused to return my deposit. Just sayin.
That is my concern as well....

I don't mind the wait as I am in the process of moving, but I just want honesty.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
edneyens

Drives: 1SS/RS/M6-White/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post

I don't mind the wait as I am in the process of moving, but I just want honesty.

That is the reason I put my deposit on my credit card, if they don't deliver as promised (lie to you about having an allocation) then you have the credit card consumer protection on your side and can work with the the credit card company to negate the charge...

Last edited by edneyens; 07-22-2010 at 06:17 PM.
edneyens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Quote:
FWIW - I ordered a 1LT on May 7 and was assured by the dealer that they had an allocation for my car. Even after many, many calls to the dealer, my order stayed at 1100 until June 9, at which time I called GM customer service and was told that the dealer did not yet have an allocation. After being confronted with that info, the dealer finally stated that he did not have an allocation until the first week of July. On June 10, I cancelled my original order and placed an order with another dealer. My new order went to 3800 and was produced this Monday and is now ready to be shipped. My first order on May 7 is still at the 1100 status as of this date. BTW, the first dealer refused to return my deposit. Just sayin.
That's crap too on your deposit. Last year they were fully refundable as long as you were not at 3800. We could even change options as long as we were not at 3000 yet.. Wow, I'd look into that one, don't know what you put down - mine was only $1000, but that's a lot of money...
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
BilJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by edneyens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ

That is the reason I put my deposit on my credit card, if they don't deliver as promised (lie to you about having an allocation) then you have the credit card consumer protection on your side and can work with the the credit card company to negate the charge...
In theory, you are probably right on. As a practical matter, however, in a stuation where there is a refusal to return a deposit, the time, effort and stress involved to possibly remedy the situation may not be worth it. I feel that most dealers would probably voluntarily return a deposit in similar circumstances. In my case, I have writtn it off as a $250 cost of a first hand seminar on some things to do and not do. lol

BTW, that is a GREAT looking Camaro in your sig...congrats.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post

Small claims. They would rather give it back than to sit and wait for the case to be called and then possibly lose, and pay court cost.
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
If you go into the dealer, they can do a search. You tell them color, model, and options. If they are on the up and up, they will show you the results on the screen. If they won't, walk out.
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
I guarantee that their is no way in hell they would be keeping my deposit. I would make the dealers life a living hell. Call GM, file a small claim suite, file a dispute with your credit card company, hell sit in the dealership and tell every person walking in they are thieves. They will give it back.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
BilJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerDrache View Post
I guarantee that their is no way in hell they would be keeping my deposit. I would make the dealers life a living hell. Call GM, file a small claim suite, file a dispute with your credit card company, hell sit in the dealership and tell every person walking in they are
thieves. They will give it back.
At the time, I called the sales manager three times, wrote the owner a very civil letter, and contacted GM. The sales manager, with an ego off the Richter scale, said there was no way that he would refund the deposit, the owner did not respond to me at all and GM said that it was stricly between the dealer and me and that their was nothing that they could do. So, after all that, I decided to simply enjoy the ordering process, like everyone else, of my second order in anticipation of getting my car.

Hopefully, you will never have to deal with a similar situation but, if you do, and if you actually perfom the tactics that you preach, namely sitting in the dealership and informing the incoming customers of the presence of thieves, then you might want to give a glance to see if anyone with the blue uniforms or white coats are coming. And be very careful of

what you guarantee. lol

Last edited by BilJ; 07-22-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #14
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
At the time, I called the sales manager three times, wrote the owner a very civil letter, and contacted GM. The sales manager, with an ego off the Richter scale, said there was no way that he would refund the deposit, the owner did not respond to me at all and GM said that it was stricly between the dealer and me and that their was nothing that they could do. So, after all that, I decided to simply enjoy the ordering process, like everyone else, of my second order in anticipation of getting my car.

Hopefully, you will never have to deal with a similar situation but, if you do, and if you actually perfom the tactics that you preach, namely sitting in the dealership and informing the incoming customers of the presence of thieves, then you might want to give a glance to see if anyone with the blue uniforms or white coats are coming. And be very careful of

what you guarantee. lol
Thanks for your advice. But they would not have my money, PERIOD. Maybe I would have been a little smarter about it to begin with, i.e. pay by credit card, ask if it is refundable BEFORE I gave them money, etc. Oh wait...that is what I did.

You don't have to SIT in the dealership to be a pain. I know I used those words, but I was making a point. Ever heard of the internet? You can spread the word VERY fast about the tactics the dealer uses. Like it has been said go to small claims court. It is one day out of your life and I can all but promise they will not show up and then the money is yours.

Not trying to be a dick, but you are getting screwed and then defending the screwing you are getting. If you are ok with it then more power to you.

Peace
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote