Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
tomanji

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS
shutter?

Okay my car has just turned 7,000 miles yesterday... it has been doing what im about to explain since day one... took it to the delaer twice and neither time could they get it to do it... of course as soon as i start to drive away from the dealer it does it... any way... when im in first gear driving very slow (sometimes in reverse as well) like when im getting ready to pull into a parking spot and i push in the clucth is sounds like the whole car shutters and shakes near the trans like something is loose... it does nto do it all the time... and usualy when i pres the clucth in quickly at very low speeds like 2-3mph... any thoughts on this..?
tomanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I have the same problem, brought it into the dealer and they told me it is normal operation.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
sounds like you are simply experience the driveline lash which is pretty normal and intermittent, just depends on the timing as you engage/disengage the clutch. Is it similar to having a heavy load in the trunk then you abruptly slow down or stop and a split second later, you hear the load hits something that stops its forward momentum? If that is the case, it is pretty normal.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Ya mine does that when im pulling into n out of the driveway. Its funny how many normal things this car does that my gto and other camaro didnt lol!!
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote