Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Press release: 2010 Camaro Audio by Visteon and Boston Acoustics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988)

balonywolf 08-13-2008 06:37 PM

As long as I can do a direct connection from my iPod to the stereo via the docking cable, I'm happy. That's half the reason I shelled out the money for an iPod Touch.

Captain Awesome 08-13-2008 06:49 PM

Hopefully, it will work with thumbdrives and navigate right from the steering wheel controls. Who wants to shell out of an iPlod when a thumbdrive is so much less apt to attract theives?

STEVE LS3 SS RS 08-13-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 111722)
ive never heard boston accoustics, how are they in comparance to bose?

Bose are a JOKE compared to Boston Acoustics, NO comparison.

I hope it sounds 1/2 as good as my DVD Audio system in my 2008 Acura TL-S.

Great news!!!

marticus24 08-13-2008 07:15 PM

I haven't heard many "premium" sound systems, but I can say that the one I paid extra for in my '07 Grand Prix, the Monsoon system, sounds horrendous. It's all bass, muddy bass at that, and absolutely nothing at the top. I'm confident this will surpass my GP's sound.

fastball 08-13-2008 07:36 PM

I have had BA's in my car since I bought it new 9 years ago, and swear by the speakers...... my only concern is, whether the Boston Accoustic system in the Camaro will utilize polypropolyne surrounds or if they will cut costs by using foam surrounds.

Anyone with specific knowledge on the BA system going into the Camaro care to elaborate?

Optimus Prime 08-13-2008 09:07 PM

I used to be a salesman at a local chain in north Georgia called HiFi Buys. I don't even think they're around any more, but they specialized in mid- to high- end home theater/audio and car audio equipment, and Boston Acoustics was one of the better brands there. I'd never heard of them until I got that job, and BA's sound is very impressive to say the least!

gunslinger 08-13-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

There is only ONE consensus among the many veteran Audiophiles, and that is....

Bose is CRAP! Bose is no better than any other basic, retail-store, audio equipment brand, except for their marketing department.

The Camaro's system will be worlds beyond what Bose could ever offer.

Both Boston Acoustics and D&M Holdings (which owns big names like Marantz and Denon) are very respected names in the Home Audio world!

pruettfan 08-14-2008 01:08 AM

Interesting, Visteon was actually formerly owned by Ford but was spun off in the late 90's as a seperate corportation. I have noticed that they have been doing more business with GM but this appears to be the biggest project I am aware of.

Congoman775 08-14-2008 02:37 AM

How does Boston A. Compare to Harmon and Kardon??

TAG UR IT 08-14-2008 02:54 AM

First, Mike....:bow: excellent find.

That is like the icing on the cake.:happyanim:

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivingincamaro (Post 111613)
awsome one question tho will the 2009 camaro have a ipod jack?

will a psp hook up to a ipod or mp3 jack?

Yes and I'm not sure.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGoya (Post 111709)
That's it, I'm convinced!

:D This is exactly why I was hoping for BA years ago!
Quote:

BA:D Bose:) Like my comparison? I mean, I like Bose, but <<<that's how much I like BA.
Quote:

Originally Posted by STEVE LS3 SS RS (Post 111780)
Bose are a JOKE compared to Boston Acoustics, NO comparison.

Great news!!!

:drinking:
Quote:

Originally Posted by gunslinger (Post 111819)
Both Boston Acoustics and D&M Holdings (which owns big names like Marantz and Denon) are very respected names in the Home Audio world!

Don't forget McIntosh! These are GREAT names....leading home audio. Just go and price a Marantz receiver or Denon receiver compared to a .....Yamaha, Pioneer, Sony, etc. Price is much higher due to quality of product. You will see.;)

And I almost forgot..........:happyanim:

Supermans 08-14-2008 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunslinger (Post 111819)
There is only ONE consensus among the many veteran Audiophiles, and that is....

Bose is CRAP! Bose is no better than any other basic, retail-store, audio equipment brand, except for their marketing department.

The Camaro's system will be worlds beyond what Bose could ever offer.

Bose isn't crap.. They do have high end audio products that match and compete with anything Boston Acoustics can throw at it and in blind audio tests you would be hard pressed to be able to consistently tell which one is which playing the same uncompressed sound. Boston Acoustics and D&M Holdings are highly respected and would also get a tainted image if they were as large a company as Bose to those who like products that hold a higher perceived quality due to the thought that they are put together in a better fashion using better parts (made in America which they were).. However let me tell you a dirty secret of the speaker industry..Now that Japanese company D&M Holdings bought out B & A, China sweatshops are the ones putting together Boston Acoustic speakers as well in today's world just as Bose does. This however is not going to stop me from ordering these speakers in my new Camaro as I want a premium sound system. However if Bose was the company used I'd be equally as happy and also order them..

SilverTurtle 08-14-2008 05:16 AM

center console USB port and aux jack in IVER car

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...8/IMG_4409.jpg

JEFF2010SSMANUAL 08-14-2008 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastball (Post 111790)
I have had BA's in my car since I bought it new 9 years ago, and swear by the speakers...... my only concern is, whether the Boston Accoustic system in the Camaro will utilize polypropolyne surrounds or if they will cut costs by using foam surrounds.

Anyone with specific knowledge on the BA system going into the Camaro care to elaborate?

You mean butyl rubber surrounds, which last 10x longer then foam.

I hope so.

rcreechssr 08-14-2008 05:31 AM

IMO GM has continually improved the sound system designs over the last 10 years in many of their vehicles. I'm glad to hear that the consumer has made it clear to the manufacturers that a high quality sound system is important and desirable. I really like whats going on with the MP3 and iPod interfaces. Can't wait to see this new system in the Camaro. :thumbsup: