Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How-To on how to install AAC sidemarkers? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128324)

crewxp 02-08-2011 07:38 PM

How-To on how to install AAC sidemarkers?

Is there a how to on installing AAC sidemarkers? The 'authorized' dealer near me quoted me 100 to install footwell lighting with switch, 150 to install sidemarkers, 250 to install after burners, and 350 to install the halos.

I had them only pre-wire my cupholder lighting because its further away from the center console, but they left a giant power cable along the front side of my car. they didn't tuck it in :/

I didn't get any instructions on how to install them. i looked on the dvd it came with as well as the papers. are they something i can do myself?

Alain 02-08-2011 07:52 PM

the side markers are easy to install man. DO NOT PAY to have it done, it'll take you 20 minutes at the most.

i've had my side markers from AAC since they first started making them and they are freaking awesome !

It's gonna be hard to tell you without pictures but i'll try. If you look inside the wheel well you'll see that there are little screws that keep the lining attached to the car.

1- take those screws off, take as many off as you need for you to be able to peel the lining back.

2- peel the lining back and you'll see a little tab on the stock side markers, you'll need a screw driver, take the screw driver and push in the little plastic tab which will make the side marker pop out.

3- once you pop out the stock side marker, just unplug the wire remove it, take the LED marker, plug it in and snap it into place.

4- then put the wheel well lining back and put the screws back on it.

that's it.

like i said, it's tough without pictures (i didn't take any when i did it). once you start the job you'll see how easy it is, it'll make sense to you.

good luck, let me know how you make out.

camaro2lt 02-08-2011 08:24 PM

crewxp give me a call and i can walk you through how to install everything

The Stig 02-08-2011 08:35 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=626

This works, but I found a much easier way. For the rear markers. Let's say rear right marker. Lay on ground with your head lined up with the end of the car. Now stick your left arm up inside of the rear quarter panel and you should be able to go all the way up to the side marker. Repeat the process on the left side, but with your right arm.

Note: I have JBA 3" exhaust, so it may not work with with the stock set up

Mindz 02-08-2011 09:43 PM

I just helped someone install their sidemarkers. Takes 20 minutes tops for all 4. DO NOT pay someone to do this for you.

camaro2lt 02-08-2011 09:54 PM

i think the rears were easy but the fronts were a little pain

Mindz 02-08-2011 10:11 PM

I foudn it just the opposite. I used a crowbar to install my rear ones, but I am lowered and have pretty large arms.

pyr0b0y 02-08-2011 11:42 PM

was able to get the rear side markers by reaching my hand up on the inside, popped out pretty easy. actually didnt need to pop off the wheel well lining for the front ones, able to pull it back enough and use a screwdriver to reach the tabs. you DONT need to pay someone to do this, pretty simple install

crewxp 02-09-2011 02:21 PM

sure thing. im going to install it when its not freezing outside (this weekend) and I will try the above. If all else fails, I will most definitely give you a call.

camaro2lt 02-09-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crewxp (Post 2820805)
sure thing. im going to install it when its not freezing outside (this weekend) and I will try the above. If all else fails, I will most definitely give you a call.

sounds good just call whenever.

crewxp 02-12-2011 05:05 PM

Installed my rear sidemarkers today. The above method works, you just have to have skinny arms and and strong fingers to push the lever. Plug and play really

They really do look awesome at night though. They definitely are a must on a car.

I think I may have a problem though. Like 6 LEDs ok the left sidemarkers sometimes flickers off and on. And the right side seems like it has less glue than the right. It sticks out a bit more than the left.

Anyone know if AAC is open on the weekend?

wolfeman 02-12-2011 09:58 PM

:needpics:

crewxp 02-12-2011 11:24 PM

pics of what?